Changing the Nationality in iqama for Dependent

Kindly advice the procedure, documents and process time required  to change my nationality in my iqama.

Please note that I am a dependent and I currently hold dual nationality.

Reason for change in Nationality is, my country of origin does not permit dual citizenship. As such I need to renounce my citizenship at the soonest.

To do so, I first need to change the nationality in my Iqama first.

Alright here are the steps

1) Go to Jawazat office and tell them you need to change your nationality on Iqama. They will give you a form/letter addressed to police for fingerprints
2) Fill up this form /letter and go to the police station for fingerprinting report. It will take 10-15 days
3) Visit the embassy/consulate you wish to renounce citizenship and get the letter from them that you wish to cancel this so called 3rd world country citizenship because they are not worth it for letting you keep dual nationality (I like to exaggerate)
4) Or skip 3rd step and wait till fingerprint report is back, once everything is clear go to step 3.
5) go back to Jawazat and viola...your said nationality is part of you new Iqama

Hi Hamudi,

Thanks for the reply and the direction given. Appreciate it.

Just to check, did you follow this procedure with success.

Also does that mean we can go directly to the Jawazat office and there is no need for us to go through my spouse company to assist us with the change in Nationality.

Lastly are you able to share how long this process took for you to change the nationality.

Thanks in advance.

Angeline J wrote:

Hi Hamudi,

Thanks for the reply and the direction given. Appreciate it.

Just to check, did you follow this procedure with success.

Also does that mean we can go directly to the Jawazat office and there is no need for us to go through my spouse company to assist us with the change in Nationality.

Lastly are you able to share how long this process took for you to change the nationality.

Thanks in advance.

The procedure was followed by a close friend. It usually takes approx. 20 days, the issue is finger printing, from what I heard it goes to Interpol for verification. No need of your husband's company assistance as they have nothing to do with this unless he's some sort of exec and the company will be obliged to do so.

Hi Hamudi,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I am relieved to hear that it takes about 20 days or so. I was told by the company that it will take anywhere from 3 months to a year. Which meant we could not travel out of the kingdom during this time.

thanks once again.

Hello,
Can you update us on what happened with you? I am about to start the same procedure for my wife.

thanks

Hi ,
What happened with your case ? How long did it take for u to receive ur new iqama.
Please let us know .
I submitted my documents for change of nationality , it's been more than 2o days :

Hi guys,

Could anyone pls update what happend, Angelina or sshaik667?The jawazat are telling me it will take 6-7 months. Pls would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Any update who could change passport information recently?

Hi Hamudi,

I know it's been a while since the last time you replied to this post. Hopefully, (finger crossed) you reply promptly to this post.

Please tell me what the form is called in Arabic? I'm actually looking to change my existing nationality from one passport to another, on my iqama.

Is the procedure the same for me or will it be different from Angelina's?

Hamudi hasn't been online in 4 months and last posted 2 years ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gco2a4jmcu04m6l/Jawazat_NationalityChangeForm.jpeg?dl=0

I would like to change my dependent's nationality.  I visited the main branch in Riyadh and was told to download the attached form from Absher and fill it out.  Unfortunately, I am unable to find the form in MOI's E-Forms Directory.  Can you please advise where I can find the digital version of the attached form?

Hello, I am also looking for the form.

Hello tanvirabid,

Which form exactly are you looking for?

Be more precise, please.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl I managed to get the form and had submitted the nationality change form in the Jawazat office (window 3 in Riyadh head office). I am changing from Pakistan to Canadian. After four months, I visited the Jawazat office. There is a file there. It shows a paper that states my name. This paper is basically an approval from the Ministry of Interior. However, I do not know the next steps. I tried to ask them what needs to be done next. My Saudi friend was with me. Unfortunately, I could not get from information. I was hoping someone has first hand knowledge about the steps. I believe that I need (1) letter from my employer (2) letter from the Canadian embassy and (3) citizenship revocation letter from the Pakistan embassy. It is the third requirement that worries me. Please assist Cheryl. Thanks

hi Tanvir, Ritu. slightly advanced. i went to the office after 5 months and they told me my application has been approved from MoI. i now need to get them NOC letters and they will then process it in 10 working days.

Tanvir- have you progressed on the NoC? i dont want to revoke my nationality either but just change it from one nationality to the other.

Hi guys, I have got the NOC and submitted the paperwork, now my paperwork is send to Riyadh to apply the nationality change in the system and then I need to follow it up by a visit to Jawazat for giving them my new passpoirt number. I am done with a week since the paperwork is submitted along with the NOC

@farazi Amy update on getting the iqama nationality changed?