Moving to Montenegro 2016

Hi all,

I am new to this website and hoping to get some advice. 

Myself and my partner have booked a one way ticket to Montenegro in October 2016.  We are native English speakers (our only language), and we are hoping to start a new life here.

I am aware that it will be extremely difficult for us to find work in Montenegro, with not knowing the language, although every effort is being made to learn.  Can anyone give me some advice/heads up on how much of a hindrance this is?

I should note that I am 25 and work in Administration and my partner, Gavin works as a qualified Fire & Security Engineer (fire panels, CCTV, door access etc.)

Any help and advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,
I will be there and would be happy to help with what you guys need and have questions for.

Pav

Hi Pav,

Thank you so much! Can I ask, is it difficult to get a job in Montenegro with just English as a language?

Kate

Going back soon and have the same questions but you don't really know until your there. Best thing is to go out for a small period of time prior to moving there to get a feel, make contacts and get to know the area/language (a bit) culture. Everyone here can tell you about jobs living and life there but it's like anything else it may change in a week and unless someone is actually offering something, like a job for instance, and is sincere I would jump on it.

Thank you for your help! I will definitely be making a trip out there within the next couple of months to try and scout it out a bit.

Hi,
try checking Porto Montenegro opportunities.
They might need some people, for developments.
Good luck

Thank you Eddies. Your a star :)

Yeah that's great and I hope it's a good fit and everything works out Kate. Krep us in the loop. Now I have find something in Business, Marketing or website work in Montenegro. If anyone has information of anything please let me know.

Try also Lustica development and Portonovi, maybe they look for employee.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on my situation.  I currently have an upcoming Skype interview with the KSI School in Tivat for an Teaching English job.  Does anyone have any advice on this as I have never interviewed for a job like this and/or had a Montenegrin interview.

Many thanks,
Kate

That's great to hear and let us know how it goes.

Hi
I gave my CV many times to them for positon with pre school age and never got a response so your doing very well to get interview. Just be your self and maybe go on their website know a bit of background on school and their teaching method. I think you will do great. Keep us all posted on how u get on.fingers crossed for you. When I had interview at other school in Tivat they asked how did I hear about the school and the area of Tivat. And  what would they expect to hear and see from my class room if I was teaching. Sorry I can not remmber anything else i was asked . You will do great best of luck.

Hi
I just read back and realised its a Skype interview. Still dress as if it's a real interview and face the laptop so they see nutral white background behind you if possible. Also don't forget time difference of 1hr so if it's 12 here be 1 there. Best of luck

Hi Kate
Hope everything with KSI goes great!

If you are looking for something in Podgorica, let me know. I am looking for native English speakers for a small venture I plan to establish as of late August/early September. Email me at *** if you are interested.
Thanks

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

As personal details aren't allowed here, please PM me or reply to this post for more details.
Thanks

Monte-tina wrote:

Hi Kate
Hope everything with KSI goes great!

If you are looking for something in Podgorica, let me know. I am looking for native English speakers for a small venture I plan to establish as of late August/early September. Email me at *** if you are interested.
Thanks

Hi,  I would be more than interested.  Unfortunetly they don't allow you to post your email address on here.  Could you please inbox me on this and I will pass over my email address directly to you.  Many thanks, Kate.

I got your email address and sent you info by email. Thanks!