High School Online in PR

We are planning on a move to PR in the near future, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with a high school online program.  We are able to get high school online for free in our area in NJ, but when looking to do this in PR it seems that it may cost between $2500 and $5000 a year depending if one chooses independent study or have an assigned teacher.

Any information would be appreciated. 

Thank you,
Margie

Are you talking about Connections Academy? They have a free online one in my state (MN.) They also have an international option for people who live abroad. That's likely what I'll be choosing my daughter later on, that or part-time courses to supplement my own instruction. One of our friends enrolled a child in their online MN school and they like it. He's a middle-school student.

Margie, you should ask your local schools if you can homeschool through them as you experiment with living in PR, in case it is a short term event... that might buy you an year or so of "free" online high school. I know others here who have done that.

Thank you Crystal.  The one that I had seen is called K-12.  I didn't think of checking if my local/county online program offers an international option.  I will certainly look into that.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Regards.

Hi Suzanne.  My son currently goes to the local HS in NJ, I have never done homeschool since I work full time, but was looking at the option of high school online in the hope that he can complete his last two years of high school through independent studies.  I will certainly check with the high school and district for the options of starting this prior to a move.  I appreciate your suggestions.

I should specify that the international one isn't free. I think it's about the same price as the K-12 school. I think you can enroll part-time for less money too but then it doesn't include a HS degree. You'd have to get one as a homeschooling parent (not sure what the process is there.)

I have a friend whose kids went to school in NC but they switched to the NC online program when they came here... definitely worth checking out.

People that live here I know use k12.  We just do regular home schooling here but our son is only 6 . Many private schools here still require a ged type of test to graduate anyways

I really appreciate everyone's feedback.  Thank you crystalrose, suzanne12345 and sandrarduncan.  You all gave great suggestions.

Regards