Family and territory...help!!!

Hi,
I have posted before and asked, should i go for it??
You were kind enough to reply that 600 KD is not an enough salary for a family of 4 (two kids included).
After i declined, the company has approached me again and we are negotiating another offer,,,not determined yet though.
I have two important questions:
- how soon can i get my mom and two kids to join me? what are the procedures?
- what is the neighborhood around shuhada street called?? is it nice to live in?? are rents there reasonable?
This forum has been a great help so far, i hope you can bear my questions...it's a big step for me.
Thank you and best regards,

Anyone correct me, if I'm wrong:

In theory you can bring your Mom and kids along right away on a tourist Visa.
Check with the Kuwaiti embassy in Cairo (if they have one), if that's correct.

It might take you a while to get your Visa 18 (the work permit Visa) with which you then can Sponsor your Mom and kids for the Visa that permits them to stay longer than on the visit Visa.

I am not sure how long your visit Visa goes, mine is good for 3 months.

I hope anyone here can give you some clearer Infos, in the meantime try to get a hold of the embassy maybe, just to be sure.

There's a street named Al Shuhada street in Al-Boush (?), the Mariott is there regarding to google maps.

It's close to the city center. No idea what the rents are there.
Again, I hope someone else knows more :)

Best of Luck!!

yes dear

what nicole said is rite,,,,,,check with your embassy first,,,then take a decision,,,if the salary is going high , i mean more than 600,,,take the offer without any delay,the flats in shuhada area is lil high,,but u will get a cheaper one,if you search ,im staying near that area,but i think ,,,u can find some other place near to that,,,its  not a big area,,,,anywayz,write ur doubts,so more people can help you with this

gud day

sameer

NicoleB,
You are always a great help...thank you :)
well, a visit to the embassy is scheduled tomorrow, i hope it can be managed. i need to have my kids with me...i am afraid I'll go mad if i leave them even for a little while.
I suppose alshuhada is a nice street/ area then...i hope i can find something decent there.

Holynite,
thank u dear...i don't think they'll offer much higher...i suspect a hundred or two more, we'll wait and see.

As i understood, the company provides the work permit, is that before i get there or after??