New member - need advice

Hi I am a new member here and just arrived to Bali

could anyone recommend me how can I find an expat who could help improve my presentation skills in English?

Best,Viktoriia

Hi there

I'm a native English speaker with a business degree and good writing skills. Can you give some more details on what you're looking for exactly. I'm not in Bali, but I'm in the same time zone here in Perth.

Let me know if you still need help

Kind Regards
Darryll

Hi Viktoriia,

You didn't mention where in Bali you have made your new nest, but, in most any part of Bali you can easily find native English speaking expats.

Networking...finding other expats, is the primary source of how we help each other here, and rest assured, those national origins that might have somehow restricted our interaction in our home countries, hardly ever comes into play here.   

Cheers, and good luck, Roy

hI Daryll,
i need to improve my speaking and presentation skills before i go to Syndey to present my project there

I need to practice my presentation with a native speaker to test if I am clear enough to be understood )

I also need to reactivate and mobilize my speaking skills that we in passive for almost 4 years.

Are you available to help me with practice by skype and what would be your rate?

BTW is Australian English different and more difficult to understand than in the USA?

You could write me directly to ***

Best,
Vik

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi, I am in Canggu. Yes networking is what I really need. But I dont know what to start with. Could you, please, recommend me how to get in contact with English speaking community in Bali. I made a post in expat.com , but you are the only one who reacted so far. Please help))
Best Vik

I find it hard to imagine anyone being in Canngu and finding it difficult to connect with any of the large contingency of English speaking expats there.

Try dropping by the Canggu Club...as just one suggestion, or attend a Rotary Club meeting.

If you use Skype, you can visit
Www.italki.com

I have visited there many years ago.

There is a community of language learners over there.
There is the free exchange and qualified paid tutors for you to choose from.

In regards to your comments about Australian English. It is easy enough, if you are already used to American English. So dont worry.
British English is harder to adapt to.

sounds like a plan. Thanks!!!

I think you do fine. Your English structure and flow in writing is natural enough and easy to understand. You are much ahead from the pack of language learners.
When is your presentation? You can learn more about basic business presentation skills from google search or quora or wikihow.
Or if it is a job interview, you can prepare more confidence building skills.

Plus... Ukrainian is famous for beautiful ladies, go and dazzle them away with charms :)

hi yes writing is ok, but I need speaking practice, `this is not a job interview. I will need to present my project to mentor and other fellows
when I write i have a lot of time to think and when I speak I am very slow in reaction

that is what i want to improve

could you recommend anyone who I can speak with in Canggu for practice?