Need help for a Moroccan friend who want to stay in the philippines

Hi,I am Jem.. i have a boyfriend from Morocco, he wants to visit here and study also but we don't know what process is the right one... can someone please help us if they know something, it would be a great help... Thank You

Really??? Just get a tourist visa.  What's the big deal?  Am I wrong here or what?

nosredna wrote:

Really??? Just get a tourist visa.  What's the big deal?  Am I wrong here or what?

Well since she mentioned "visit here and study", it might suggest her friend needs a student visa.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

tourist visa with a return ticket or even just one way ticket? because when he gets here we will be looking for a school for his masters degree. thanks

hi romaniac! yes he wants to study also for 2 years...

jemdelasalas wrote:

Then it would seem likely to me that he'd need a student visa.  From what I understand, Moroccans can enter for tourism for 30 days.  As I'm not local, I'm not sure if proof of return flight is required on a tourist visa, but in many countries, it is.  Hopefully, some local experts will be able to advise you more definitively soon about the correct process.

Romaniac

jemdelasalas wrote:

Hi,I am Jem.. i have a boyfriend from Morocco, he wants to visit here and study also but we don't know what process is the right one... can someone please help us if they know something, it would be a great help... Thank You

As said...all he needs is a tourist visa, and he can get one for 30 days upon arrival in the country once he has  a return ticket. Upon entry in to the country, he can look for his desired school that he would like to study and talk to the admission section there.  They will then let him know the procedure in getting him the student visa. let him know student visa is not temporary visa and needs to be renewed every six months, any how the school he is in will inform him of all that.

Another thing he is to know is, there will be  much of stress, traveling and spending to do in getting the change from tourist to student visa. He should make sure to bring all his educational documents including birth certificate.

PS: One important thing to remember is, he should not say to the immigration officer at the airport that he is coming in to the country to study. That will just get him denied, unless he has an admission letter to a school in the Philippines. Best to just say he is in for tourism, and let the school he choose to help in the change from tourist to student visa.

romaniac wrote:
jemdelasalas wrote:

Then it would seem likely to me that he'd need a student visa.  From what I understand, Moroccans can enter for tourism for 30 days.  As I'm not local, I'm not sure if proof of return flight is required on a tourist visa, but in many countries, it is.  Hopefully, some local experts will be able to advise you more definitively soon about the correct process.

Romaniac

thankkksss...will take note of this..

flex14 wrote:
jemdelasalas wrote:

As said...all he needs is a tourist visa, and he can get one for 30 days upon arrival in the country once he has  a return ticket. Upon entry in to the country, he can look for his desired school that he would like to study and talk to the admission section there.  They will then let him know the procedure in getting him the student visa. let him know student visa is not temporary visa and needs to be renewed every six months, any how the school he is in will inform him of all that.

Another thing he is to know is, there will be  much of stress, traveling and spending to do in getting the change from tourist to student visa. He should make sure to bring all his educational documents including birth certificate.

PS: One important thing to remember is, he should not say to the immigration officer at the airport that he is coming in to the country to study. That will just get him denied, unless he has an admission letter to a school in the Philippines. Best to just say he is in for tourism, and let the school he choose to help in the change from tourist to student visa.

hi flex14 thank you.. this is very helpful, but upon having a tourist visa.. and having a return ticket to morocco.. he really needs to go back to morocco and get back here again if some university accepted him?

All he needs is a ticket to destination outside the Philippines, last time I went home I bought a ticket to HL from Air Asia leaving from Clark, it only cost less than $40.00, then proceed with the extensions.

madhatter868 wrote:

All he needs is a ticket to destination outside the Philippines, last time I went home I bought a ticket to HL from Air Asia leaving from Clark, it only cost less than $40.00, then proceed with the extensions.

what does this exactly mean? like, for example he needs to buy a ticket going to HK? the after that go back again to the PHILIPPINES? with a new tourist visa? is that what you mean?

no, he only must SHOW an onward ticket (it is referred to as throw away ticket), and is usually asked at point of departure he will never use it,  just before his visa expires, make a trip to Bureau of Immigration and secure a two-month or six-month extension depending on the office. I have lived here for 5 years and travel back to the USA annually, and use the plan I just outlined. Any more questions feel free to ask for ease my email is [email protected]

jemdelasalas wrote:

what does this exactly mean? like, for example he needs to buy a ticket going to HK? the after that go back again to the PHILIPPINES? with a new tourist visa? is that what you mean?

No, return tickets are just to prove you will be in and out of the country for the said number of days given to you upon arrival. But as said by madhatter, he could get cheap flights to Clark or other near destinations, just for the prove of exiting the country but does not mean he has to exit. For he could easily renew his tourist visa by going to the bureau of immigration.

flex14 wrote:
jemdelasalas wrote:

No, return tickets are just to prove you will be in and out of the country for the said number of days given to you upon arrival. But as said by madhatter, he could get cheap flights to Clark or other near destinations, just for the prove of exiting the country but does not mean he has to exit. For he could easily renew his tourist visa by going to the bureau of immigration.

Thank you so much..i now have an idea..