Question about business visa

Dear people over here. Sabaidee!

I have a question regarding my business visa because the information I got so far is not very clear. Until recently I worked for a company in Vientiane and they got a business visa for me. I stopped working there and I handed in the work permit and residence card.

Some people told me that the visa is still valid until the date given on the visa. Is this true? Is it better not to leave the country to avoid the police cancelling it on the spot when returning to Laos or while exiting the country? Any thoughts? Any advice? I have no intention leaving Laos and also not to go to Thailand for shopping or anything else :-) So no need for me to exit Laos for that.

One man (who was managing a place in Laos) told me that the visa can't be cancelled as long as they don't have the document and that I am fine with it while leaving the country on the date of the visa. I also wonder if (in that case) it's better not to cross the border and if this is not a problem, the multiple entry stays the same as well?

Any thoughts are very welcome as the company doesn't seem to know either or is too lazy for some reason to find it out...

Kop chai lai lai der!

As the country is getting set up for  ASEAN the authorities will be looking at visa issuing as part of this.

Seems your employer is lazy in that they have not given information to you regarding your status now that you are not working for them anymore.

I would ask the company that they ( and yourself) contact the Govt authority that issued the visa and ask them for information. You could well stay in Laos until the visa expires but may be a problem when you leave.

Immigration have a reasonable computerized system running now with which they can check things out.

As you have handed in your work permit and residence card these will be cancelled in the system.

Thanks for the reply Stumpy! I've tried to find information regarding this online as well but couldn't find information. We've also called a woman in the police station in Vientiane to ask but she was also not very sure and said that is was probably ok... A lot of maybe's etc.... Asked a former manager of the company who told me I was 'safe' and no problems regarding to him. The best things might even be to drive to the border, go to Thailand and go back to Laos. When exiting Laos I will probably find out already, and otherwise while entering again....

Wonder if anyone else might have thoughts on this one as well...

Have you been to check it out at the immigration office in Vientiane? They would be better placed to give you information rather than the police.

Thanks. Maybe I will call them. I am far away from Vientiane now. I also don't wake up people...