Motorbike Registration

I am about to buy a second hand motorbike from a Vietnamese friend . Is it possible to have my name transferred onto the The Blue Card as an Expat ???

Yes, you can if you have a TRC. But is that necessary?  :)
It is better transfer it under your Vietnamese friend(if you have one) and keep the Registration Card with you. Even though you can own, it's not that simple to buy under your name. Many hesitate to deal with foreigners. Once I tried to buy a new but many shop people hesitate to do the registration.

Much as I hate giving advice 'from personal experience'..?   

I won't.

So (don't) trust ANYONE.   This includes friends who would die for you...

..just Google 'trying to'   (leave out the lol...)   ..transfer (or register?) a motorcycle into YOUR NAME, as an expat in Vietnam.   Then read the horror stories of those who (dared to?) attempt this.   No need to mention costs.....

(So far..?) Vietnam police (tend to) leave 'farung' alone as they make little money out of the trouble it causes, (and their time in 'court'..!)  so you will find it much easier to fly under the radar.    Ok, I'll admit the (Canadian) guy I bought from actually said much the same thing.   He travelled far & wide (Laos & Thailand incl.) for two years with wife on a 'Wave and 'Win'.

..and never got even pulled over!

..but you will need to check such far-fetched stories for yourself.   You will weep...  ..for the truth is indeed far stranger than the X-files could ever invent...  ..or maybe it is just my paranoia..?   My (real) life suggests otherwise...

(hope you heed the warning(!)     Otherwise you will need much more luck I can offer...

Hi,
sure ,you have the right to possess a motobike. according to Vietnam law.  You also have a motobike registration certificate if you are permanent or temporary in VN 1 year or more.
The general procedure:
you must have:
- motobike registration certificate of the former.
- assignment agreement
- temporary residence card
1. Come to the district tax authorities, to proceed paying the registration fee
2. Come to the provincial traffic police department, apply to proceed changing to your name

..and (ouch!) I forgot to mention (NEVER!!!!)    offer the ORIGINAL registration certificate to ANYONE!   Any print shop or photocopier will fix you up with (a few) spares (laminated)  ..and spin any story your integrity will be comfortable with.   ..just in case...

Knew the possibilities would slim or somewhat complicated .
Best I leave it in my Friends name ... Thank you .

Thanks for that advice . Appreciated !

What about electric bike? Do we need to register electric bike such a scooter