Best Hypermarket

I want to go to a Hypermarket with the best range of imported food. I liked the look of Saveco.. Is this one of the best places to go?

Try also Sultan and Lulu Grand Hyper. They have branch both in Salmiya.

Does Saveco have more foreign goods on offer than Lulu? I haven't been to either yet. On the Saveco website they have quite a lot of Tesco products..

Saveco is the best place to go, if you want Tesco products. It is also more expensive than Tesco back home.

Sultan Centre is also very good. I think they have the best fruit and veg. They also do Waitrose products. Sometimes Iceland. Also expensive. 

Also some foods come and go. So if you see something that you like. Buy more of it, as it may disappear for a few months.

What do you mean by foreign food?. In Country food they are about the same.

Hope this helps

On my shopping list I have maple syrup, coffee beans, eco-friendly detergents, organic stock, white wine vinegar, parmesan cheese, and so on....

You can not get white WINE vinegar here. Dry Country. You can get white vinegar.

Saveco and The Sultan Centre do all the stuff on your shopping list.

Are you still in KSA?

You say that but why do they sell red wine vinegar even in KSA! I just can't find white wine vinegar (there is balsamic vinegar but not the same). They also sell cider vinegar everywhere.

http://www.saveco.com/organic-larder-or … egar-500ml

I will have to look next time I go there.

I have not seen it.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

SaveCo!

Both Lulu and SaveCo are super close to each other. I like them both but for Lulu (for me anyways) they have a more variety of Mrs. Dash dressings and SaveCo's vegan butter and cheddar cheese is much cheaper than Lulu ..

Also Sultan Hawalli but I really prefer SaveCo.

Dear Saveco,

Do you have the Ecover line of products or something similar (eco-friendly detergents)? More than just washing up liquid... Floor cleaners, surface cleaners, and so on.

Yes they do.

sooooo, where is this saveco place?

on the fourth ring road, near mshatel, right beside Lu&Lu hypermarket, intersection of route 55 & 4th ;)

hmmmm, sooooo, somewhere in the buildings between Lulu and Friday Market?   Guess I need to check it out.  Thanks

It is right next to the Friday Market. Lulu's one end Saveco the other.

:)

Saveco was good. They have everything.

Lulu is probably the best in the south of the city.

Thank you Air_bay80s for the post