Wanting a fresh start.... Move to a new country

Hi there I'm Paul aka Sonia Marmite I'm 40 in July (2016) I fancy moving to malta I'm a Drag Queen Host dj, but have also worked in hospitality and retail all my life...

I currently work in Brighton as a Bar Manager and a Drag Host Dj and I like to still do drag hosting where I move too...

In the uk I get currently help with my rent as it's so high and starting to save too I'm looking to save around 2-3thousand english pound and I like a 1or2 bed flat so I can store my drag in spare room and also have somewhere if people visit me. Am I crazy thinking I should do this or not?

I visited Malta for the 1st time last week and saw many places looking for staff and even some looking for drag hosts too what I like to know what is the average pay and also what kind of rent is it in Malta and also what kind or money I would need to put up in front for a apartment etc also is it tend to be just seasonal work or is work all year round I would like to do bar work again or cafe bistro bar/waiting and still do drag on nights as and when I can thanks if anyone can give me advice or info on this or is it like some friends say I'm having a midlife crisis lol

Hey - surprised you found so many bars wanting drag queen hosts - there is only one gay bar in island and that's open three nights a week - but maybe I missed something lol

Any bar/ nightclub work will be low paid and seasonal 

Average rents depend on area and type of house but I would say your looking at a minimum of 500 euro
Any way pm me I can help you find a place to live and I'm happy to chat

cheers for that that would be great if you could I did visit st Jesmond and I would like that kind of area if possible

We will move soon to Malta me and my wife we are in the age of 50 and we both carrying the European union passports. We speak many languages like English,French, Finnish, german and Arabic  we have large experience  in hotels and tourism.
What  is the best place for us to live and work???

Hello
It's really hard to advise you where to live, but my best advice to you both is to spend a week or two there and see which area us best for you guys?!

Everyone needs or wants different things in an area to live......do you want to live somewhere that's busy? Or quiet? A house of character, or an apartment.... Views over a town or sea etc etc

Like I said, try and go, not for a holiday, but to assess the Supermarkets, petrol stations, chemists, what you need to live day by day. We did this and it worked very well for us!
Good luck to you both!
Debbie 😊