London: the best European city for foreign investment

If you are looking for investment opportunities in Europe, London is probably the city you should turn to. Find out more in this article.

London remains the best European city for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) since 2006, according to the study European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17 conducted by fDi Magazine, a subsidiary of Financial Times. The British capital city, also named “Northern City” thus continues to attract foreign investors in large numbers, thus boosting its economy while creating many jobs.

Between 2010 and 2014, London's FDI has experienced considerable growth, especially thanks to more than 1,600 projects. Note that these investments mainly apply to the software and information and technology sectors at a rate of 40% against 35% in the previous ranking. Business services, as well as financial services, also attract FDI at a rate of 19% and 15% respectively.

So if you are looking for new opportunities, why not try your luck in London?

Hi Veedushi,

Although i was pro-Brexit, I am not so sure that right at this moment London holds the same amount of interest as before. The UK has already left the EU and some companies have or may move their headquarters from London to a city on the continent. However I still have lots of confidence that the UK can remain an important hub for investment.