1 month residence card application?

Hi

Myself (south african) and my wife (british) are arriving in Munich, Germany in April. I applied for a visa for spouse of EU citizen and they only gave me one that is valid for 5 weeks. As this was what my flight tickets said.

If we have all our paperwork in order and my wife is exercising her treaty rights. We have a place to stay and adequate finances. 

Will 5 weeks be enough time to register our stay and apply for a residence card?

thank you.

Ask at the Ausländeramt in Munich - they can tell you better than anybody here how long they take to process your application!

They should have given you 90 days,which normally tourists from outside of the EU get!
From my experience it will be difficult to get the documents don e in such a short time,but
it always depends in what city you are.In the city where  I live now (Schwerin),a few of the employees
are rude and ignorant and none of the speaks even english!!!
D.Hartwig

I spoke to the embassy. It seems that I will be ok. So long as I get the application in. I have all the paperwork ready. Just need to register our stay then we good to go. Just hope I get the appointment in time. Otherwise I can apparently change the visa to 90days once there becuase I am spouse of EU citizen. Otherwise it won't be possible ifni was not a spoue of EU citizen

Just get it all done before Britain leaves the EU...

I am gonna try my best

TominStuttgart wrote:

Just get it all done before Britain leaves the EU...

;) ...but *after* all the liberal Britons leaves Britain.