Salary for a live in help

Morning to one and all.i have a question of pay for a live in maid .working 5 days a week from 9am to 4.30pm except on Friday she can leave at 2pm.weekends and public  holidays off . general house cleaning and some cooking.what is fair.i have cleaned out the servants quaters it has 2 rooms separate kitchen toilet and bathroom separate .its an old type of quaters where 2 maids could stay.i juSt want 1 maid cause all my 3 kids are in school...what is fair and reasonable to both parties
BTW I haven't hired a maid yet.many have come asking but I don't know what yo offer as salary...many have asked for 15000 to 20000 per month not including bonus.any advise help would be great

Cheers

Joshine.

Hi Jcaine,

Not very well aware on this but will through some light,  In India mostly people (Indians) get there house maids from villages who will stay with them on all days including weekends, going only for 15-20 days to there village once a year and at times on festivals.  This maids are usually paid in a price bracket of 7-15 thousand taking into consideration all cities / Metros. 

Since maid is needed only for half day that too only on week days I don't think you need to pay more than 13000Rs.

Regards
Faiyaz.

jcaine wrote:

Morning to one and all.i have a question of pay for a live in maid .working 5 days a week from 9am to 4.30pm except on Friday she can leave at 2pm.weekends and public  holidays off . general house cleaning and some cooking.what is fair.i have cleaned out the servants quaters it has 2 rooms separate kitchen toilet and bathroom separate .its an old type of quaters where 2 maids could stay.i juSt want 1 maid cause all my 3 kids are in school...what is fair and reasonable to both parties
BTW I haven't hired a maid yet.many have come asking but I don't know what yo offer as salary...many have asked for 15000 to 20000 per month not including bonus.any advise help would be great

Cheers

Joshine.

Hello Madam,
did u get my message???
Thanks

Morning

I have and have already settled on a person.i wish you all the best.

Regards Caine

Thank you for your advice much appreciated.

Regards
Caine