Close

Anyone around Manizales?

Greetings folks.  Are any of you currently living in Manizales or very nearby.  If yes please contact me on my personal line.  Thank You................. Sin Fin!

I will be there the first of June! Going to live there at least a year so my daughter can complete a full grade at school. Moving from Tampa, FL.

Will move there summer 2017. Can't wait! In Texas now.

When I head for Colombia, Manizales seems like a great place to start...... great area.  The supposed 1 bedroom apartment under the Mirador Finca Morrogacho Hostel was a ruse.  Someone went onto their official website and  took Photos to make the ad more realistic.  be careful if using Craigslist, it's ripe with all kinds of apartment/house scammers.  I am going to have to put my move to Colombia on hold until my parents, who are very old, leave the planet for a better place.  I'm going to move to a Mexican beach town for now and then Colombia later.  I don't have the funds to get back quickly from Colombia.  Mexico no problem.  Depending on my folks situation, I may be getting down there about the same time as you guys.  I may see you all in the future.... That would be nice.................... Sin-Fin.  (If anyone needs info on Guatemala, I've been here for over two years).

Yeah SinFin, I have spent 2 weeks in Cali, almost 2 weeks in Medellin, but my 4 days in Manizales were my favorite. Cali was nice, but too hot and industrial feeling for me. They are trying to make green areas, (nice downtown park) but not quite there yet. South side of Cali is better. In Medellin, the Poblado area was nice as well. More American comforts, great climate, and felt very safe. But more $$ and traffic was horrible everywhere. Medellin has no more room to grow "out" (surrounded by mountains) so they are growing "up" at an alarming rate. Good for investment but not where I wanted to live. I am not the type that likes to sit on my porch and smell exhaust fumes and hear constant vehicle horns. Manizales was much more balanced. Downtown was easy to get to and traffic was steady, but not impossible. Not as much American presence, but I'm sure I will meet some. Slightly warmer than Medellin, but not stifling like Cali. We found a nice house on the side of a mountain with 2 acres only 15 minutes out of town ($55,000usd) where all you can hear is the breeze...ahhh! See you there! ***

Moderated by Priscilla 9 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Manizales warmer than Medellin?

Even at its altitude it was a few degrees warmer when we were there in November. If you go down the mountain at all in Manizales, it starts to warm up significantly.

Moving to Villamaria, Manizales on December 1st. I can hardly wait, Manizales is a beautiful  city.  Currently staying in Bogota, personally I hate it. In many ways it's too similar to the states, let's not even mention the pollution 😵. Manizales on the other hand is excellent, I wish I would have come straight out here. Purchased a Finca in Villamaria, beautiful views and an even more beautiful river. Nice secure area surrounded by great neighbors. The people are so warm and inviting, but it would be nice to meet other expats.

Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Colombia

Moving to Colombia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Colombia

Travel insurance in Colombia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Colombia

Flights to Colombia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Colombia