Close

Any Updates on the newly passed 12 month tourist visa for US citizens

Kathy
I just read an article that stated the only tourist visa now for Americans is this 1 year visa. The one year visa costs 185usd all up. The old one month visa was around 70usd, therefore for someone who only wants to come here for one month they have to pay the over inflated price of 185 usd for just a one month visit. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting what's being said.

At present, all American apply for tourist visa, they are issued 1-year multiple tourist visa, not 1 month or 3 months.

So if even they just come Vietnam once time, they still get 1-year visa and pay 185$ for both visa letter and stamping fee.

KathyBrown1410 wrote:

At present, all American apply for tourist visa, they are issued 1-year multiple tourist visa, not 1 month or 3 months.

So if even they just come Vietnam once time, they still get 1-year visa and pay 185$ for both visa letter and stamping fee.

Yet again, countries like Thailand will benefit from this poorly thought out decree.

A family of four from the USA has to decide between Vietnam and Thailand,visa costs for one month in Viet Nam  740usd or Thailand, visa cost zero. It's not rocket science, but as usual it has to be complicated by greed.

My last stamp in my VEC is for 6 months

70 years old wrote:

My last stamp in my VEC is for 6 months

We may be a little off topic as this is not the VEC thread but did you get that stamp locally, or HCMC,  or at a border crossing.

In Phan Thiet, where we are registered and own a home in the same province. But, we have spent the last couple of years in Sai Gon for medical reasons.

My wife is gravely ill. But, sustainment treatment is working well. With luck we will be able to celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2023. Note, I have to provide  documentation from the hospital as part of the renewal application.

70 years old wrote:

Note, I have to provide  documentation from the hospital as part of the renewal application.

This may explain why you were allowed to renew locally.  I read of others who have to leave and return.  Amazingly there may be some compassion buried deep in the bureaucracy.

Hi guys, the 1 year multiple entry Vietnam visa for US came to effect on 25th August according to the agreement between 2 countries. Now, as US citizen, you could either get 1 year multiple entry tourist visa or 1 year multiple business visa. Even though the visa lasts for 1 year, you are allowed to stay in Vietnam continously for just 90 days then you must leave and reenter. Hope this helps! Helena Nguyen

I have been here 3 years this October. I have been married for 2 1/2 years now and she is a Vietnamese.....It seems like the rules and regulations change every week depending on someones feeling at the time. I got the paperwork for the 1 year Visa.....it's like 5-6 pages of stuff. I just stick with my passport being stamped every 3 months and just pay my $10.00USD...in fact my wife is at the District 2 police department this afternoon to pick up my passport.

Moderated by kenjee last week
Reason : Promotion of own website and services not allowed on the forum.

Is $10 the total cost? That sounds very cheap. I've been here for about 5 years and the last time I got a 3 month multiple entry that I needed to leave the country to do and I think it was approximately $80. How can I do it through the police here like you're doing?

Hans.b wrote:

Is $10 the total cost? That sounds very cheap. I've been here for about 5 years and the last time I got a 3 month multiple entry that I needed to leave the country to do and I think it was approximately $80. How can I do it through the police here like you're doing?

I think you will find he has a VEC as he mentioned he is married and you apply for this after getting married.

Ok, I just went to Vietnam (sept. 7th) to visit family, HCMC visa on arrival desk issued me a 1 year multi entry visa without even asking me.  I am ok with this as i travel to vietnam alot during the year. 

The story, 1 year multi entry visa issued at the visa on arrival window at HCMC airport and the costs, $135 USD.  I have a US passport. 

Hope this helps.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
blagman08
Visa Questions
By blagman08
panda7
SiCoTic
Backdate, Pay Twice - The Latest Visa Scam
By SiCoTic
charmavietnam
3 Year TRC (Temporary Residence Card) without work permit
By charmavietnam
pablokk
Teaching with a criminal record
By pablokk
edgardneto
Help to use Portuguese documents in Ho Chi Minh
By edgardneto

Expatriate health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Travel insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ho Chi Minh City

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh City