RESIGNATION

Good day to all i am working at riyadh for almost 3 years & 3 months i finished my first contract last Nov 20, 2014 and i took a vacation for 54 days and came last January 24, 2015 but i didn't signed any contract renewal since i came back here in riyadh now i almost working 1 year and i submitted a resignation to my employer that i want to exit and transfer a job since they will not permit me to transfer so i file an exit but they rejected my resignation letter they i have to finish my contract for another for 2 years before they will give an exit but i didn't sign any contract renewal to them since i came back.  My question is i still have the right to resign for exit or i will finish my contract to them since i still have 9 months left for the said contract they said and they just renewed my iqama last month.  I hope you can help me thank you very much.

Well, to my knowledge, according to Saudi Law, in your case you have the contract automatically renewed each time, if it is not renewed manually and still working after the previous contract. This is a very common and legal practice throughout Saudi Arabia.

So yes they are correct that you are in contract. However, there are terms and conditions to follow writthen in contract if either of the party wants to call it off. Generally it is known as notice period and can be from one to three months.

thank you very much for your advice sir its a great help from me.