Reduced tax rate in Copenhagen

I read on another thread that one should be warry of promises for the reduced tax in the employment process as it often does not happen in reality.  How does the process work to get the reduced tax?  Is it possible to post your case to the government and learn if you would qualify for the reduced tax before you would accept a position?  Or do you have to have a signed employment contract in place and only that is evaluated to determine if you qualify for the reduced tax?
Hoping to better understand how this really works to not get stuck paying more tax that hoped.
Thanks!
B

Welcome to the forum BGW

I hope members from Denmark will respond soon by contributing to your discussion concerning the taxation issue!

Best Regards!

The reduced tax rate only applies to employees earning above a threshold (don't know exactly what this is but it is supposed to be for higher paid, so around DKK60K per month).  The reduction is large but only for a limited period of time.  THere has recently been an extension for scientists and now they get taxed at 26% for 5 years.  Be wary, not just of the tax, but the cost of everything.  Salaries here are not matched with the cost of everything.  Take a look at cars and transport, for example - horrendous!

As I understand the law, it is for three years for most people and it should be clearly stated in your employment contract with your potential employer. Regarding prices, cars are outrageous, but coming from New York, I don't find other prices to be high. Fresh fruit, vegetables and milk products are significantly cheaper here. Apartment prices and rents are MUCH cheaper here and the standards are higher than Manhattan. Public transport is high unless one uses a monthly pass. Restaurants and beer is high here, but wine is relatively cheap. And always keep in mind that health care is free and excellent.
Hope that helps.