KAEC Compound

I understand that KAEC is more western than some of the compounds in Jeddah.

Hence, let me know what is allowed on the KAEC compound grounds

1  Do women have to wear Abaya?
2  Can family use the same pool?
3  Can family use the same gym?
4  Can women  wear swimsuits at the beach?

Thanks,

Paul

u must be dreaming.

Mohammed salim wrote:

u must be dreaming.

dreams come true ...

xo xo

not such dreams .......   not in Saudi Arabia. He he he

Mohammed salim wrote:

not such dreams .......   not in Saudi Arabia. He he he

Wake up from your sleep now...

My daughter lives in KAEC and teaches at the International School there. Women are free to jog, swim, mix, and dress in any way they choose inside KAEC. The Bay La Sun Hotel inside KAEC has female waitresses serving the guests. Women also work freely in all the offices in the business center.

To answer your questions:

1  Do women have to wear Abaya? NO
2  Can family use the same pool? YES
3  Can family use the same gym? YES
4  Can women  wear swimsuits at the beach? YES

I live in Jeddah and visit her very often and have spent lots of time inside KAEC during the past 2 years.

Women are not advised to wear swimming costumes at the public beach.

Unwritten rule that if there are lots of visitor you must dress appropriately. No short sleeves, short skirts and shorts.

Swim well wrote:

Women are not advised to wear swimming costumes at the public beach.

Unwritten rule that if there are lots of visitor you must dress appropriately. No short sleeves, short skirts and shorts.

Hello, good morning.

OP is asking about KAEC, not open beach outside of KAEC

There are NO restrictions within KAEC as I am aware and have been visiting my daughter who lives there for the past two years.

The beach in front of the restaurant area is very open yet it is advisable not to wear a bikini or swimsuit. A lady last year was asked by security to cover up.

Please ring the city for proper advice. ECC or Emaar I'm not sure who would be the best.

Better safe than sorry!

Swim well wrote:

The beach in front of the restaurant area is very open yet it is advisable not to wear a bikini or swimsuit. A lady last year was asked by security to cover up.

Please ring the city for proper advice. ECC or Emaar I'm not sure who would be the best.

Better safe than sorry!

unless this lady was wearing a skimpy bikini outfit and was voluptuous or some misdemeanour act was taking place, the security will not say anything

hamudi wrote:
Swim well wrote:

Better safe than sorry!

unless this lady was wearing a skimpy bikini outfit and was voluptuous or some misdemeanour act was taking place, the security will not say anything

Thats exactly my experience too, over the past two years,Hamudi. Never seen any altercation by security or the Emaar authorities with regard to dress codes or public behaviour yet.

I'm giving advice as a western person. I'm assuming you both go to the beach in Kaec by the restaurants and wear swimming atire and are female? Kaec is still in Saudi and we still need to remember that and respect that. Women are not allowed to drive in Kaec. There are wonderful allowances for expat but you are still in Saudi Arabia.

Swim well wrote:

I'm giving advice as a western person. I'm assuming you both go to the beach in Kaec by the restaurants and wear swimming atire and are female? Kaec is still in Saudi and we still need to remember that and respect that. Women are not allowed to drive in Kaec. There are wonderful allowances for expat but you are still in Saudi Arabia.

I'm stating based on experience, what I've seen, witnessed and what my friends, female friends and girl friends of friends have been doing.

Aramco campus has female driving and women roaming without abaya in shorts and spaghetti tops, same in KAUST and let me tell you the female cyclist...oh my.... Gosh it's Ramadan and I wanna type more but I'll stay calm. 

Btw have you been to KAEC ? There is even a go kart facility there where women are allowed to participate.

So, if you are sensitive to such issues pls don't scare other expats for no reason. If you want to respect the laws of the country, great. But the query is directed to inside KAEC.

Yes I have actually lived there! You can not drive in Kaec as a women and if the gentleman wants to bring his family to Kaec he needs a honest review.

I'm Not on about KAUST or Aramco as he asked the question about KAEC .You were joking with the man who answered first of all with 'in your dreams' and you said wake up, you never ever mentioned you lived there or what you could do in Kaec so I assumed you have never been there.

I'm being honest.

I have lived in KAEC on many occasions, during the past two years, at my daughters place in the Marina Apartments. My daughter participates in go-karting and is also a certified scuba diver. We have been in the sea across the pier where men and women were swimming wearing whatever they pleased. Women jog in shorts and tank tops and cycle through all the streets.

Swim well wrote:

Yes I have actually lived there! You can not drive in Kaec as a women and if the gentleman wants to bring his family to Kaec he needs a honest review.

I'm Not on about KAUST or Aramco as he asked the question about KAEC .You were joking with the man who answered first of all with 'in your dreams' and you said wake up, you never ever mentioned you lived there or what you could do in Kaec so I assumed you have never been there.

I'm being honest.

Omg I'm seriously laughing hard here. Either you've lived there and been ignorant or you're one of the those super tight religious people who dislike seeing what women do. I'm not gonna say that word but you know what I mean.

I've been to KAEC numerous times as they were also my client and stayed at the Bay. I've attended events organized by Mercedes and Porsche where German and local women were ushering the guests without abayas at the hotel. The receptionists work in mixed environment as well as servers there are females. 

Been to the beach numerous times where women have driven if they wanted to with whatever the heck they want and no one said a thing unless people like u had issues.

Lastly, I didn't bother replying to the OP because his query was in Feb and some guy comes and says dreams on just about now.

/thread

Baylasan is a private and post residential compound with some extra facilities where they have not yet build the wall around. So same facility is allowed in Arabian compound and some other expensive rented compounds within Jeddah city
The Saudi laws fully apply at KAEC as it was in the same case in the beginning the Durrat-ul-Arus, where swimming  for ladies  and ladies without  Abaya were allowed, till it was completed. Now Mutawwas and police keep patrolling to maintain strict religious discipline.
Very soon there  many police station mushroom up and many other governmental agencies also,  to maintain Law and order situation at KAEC. Smart check-up points will be erected to allow only invited people to enter Baylasan area. I hope those who are naïve wakeup.

KAEC is in the name of our beloved  KING .