Can i get a job in Malta as a non EU citizen?

Hi everyone,
Good to be here and also fined some relevant info about Malta which i am interested in, is great.
I am a Nigerian living in Italy and have got no job here, despite having all the needed Italian documents, I am thinking about leaving Italy for Malta.
Please, i will highly appreciate if anynoe could let me know the chances of getting any kind of work probably manual jobs since i am not EU citizen also if English is a widely spoken language there at least for one to have power of communication before learning their language.
:/ Just thinking if i could have a chance of getting a job and surviving in Malta as Non EU citizen. Please your advice is highly welcomed and thanks in advance.

Generally speaking Malta is highly protective of it's jobs. The criteria for granting non-EU citizens a work permit are the same in Malta as in Italy.

Your immigration status is unclear and it is questionable if you would be able to travel to Malta to look for work in the first place.

Your chances in Italy are probably better than here in Malta as a Nigerian citizen.

Sorry I can't give a more positive reply.

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your reply and that is not a problem, positive or not i am only looking for public view in order to follow my heart correctly, so your post is very much welcomed, but for my immigration status as you said though i am not too sure of what you mean unclear, but i have no problem with that as i am well documented here in Italy.
When i talk about job, i am not talking about high profile jobs which i know as non EU citizen and without permit of work in malt it will be difficult, please i am just saying if there is good chances of having menial jobs for me is better than having nothing in Italy.

Thanks a lot as i appreciate your time and post.

Being ' well documented ' in Italy means nothing in Malta.

As you are not talking about high-profile jobs as you say yourself you will have no chance of finding low profile work in Malta as a non-EU and in particular being from Nigeria.

There are about 100 Nigerian citizens in open or closed detention centres in Malta waiting for their relocation back to NIgeria.

As bad as it is in Italy is is probably better than here  in Malta.

Ricky

I have my Italian papers and have right to enter to 28 EU countries, including Malta and spend at least 3 months without been embarrassed by the police or anyone so that is not the case, but all the same thanks for your point of view.

I think the advise being given to you here is sound. Honestly speaking you will struggle to find any kind of work here in Malta whether you have documents to legally enter or not. It may be tough in Italy but you will have more chance of getting work there than here in Malta I'm afraid

Good luck whatever u decide

Tom

he can find a job here, working in construction, the only thing is he will be payed on hand so no tax or Ni will be payed, so no free doctor for him

i know few cons. worker and they say that on almost every site there is couple of Africans working without work permit 

will that be enough for him to fund a place to live , food and other expenses - not sure

When we give advice here on the site it should be within the legal guidelines.

Of course he can come to Malta or any other EU country as a visitor/tourist but if he comes to Malta with the plan to work he is already breaking the law. And working without a work permit all the more so,

There are many more non-EU citizens already in Malta looking for work than there is work available - whether legal or not and with whatever pay.

You only have to check the situation around Marsa every morning to see how many hang around waiting to be picked up.

Cheers
Ricky

Duxx wrote:

he can find a job here, working in construction, the only thing is he will be payed on hand so no tax or Ni will be payed, so no free doctor for him

i know few cons. worker and they say that on almost every site there is couple of Africans working without work permit 

will that be enough for him to fund a place to live , food and other expenses - not sure

What is the point of telling someone that they can come and work illegally?

Ray