McOwens Motors Inc - Is that a real company ?

Recently I have been getting mails from this company about a possible job offer in the US.
It says I applied on Linkedin, which might be true as I am applying to a lot of places these days.

Does anyone know about the company?
I started doubting when it said it would help relocate to the US. I know how difficult it is to get a H-1B visa in the US and thats where doubt crept in my mind.(If its too good to be true, it probably ain't.)

Any comments or wisdom welcomed.

Telephone number, email address, physical address and everything else you know.

www.mcowensmotors.com

McOwens Motors Inc.
Ohio Office: 45 Erieview Plaza, Cleveland, OH 44114.       
Texas Office:  1401 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75202.

Contact Numbers:  +1 209-248-2033. +1 206-202-2022.

According to an article on Feb 16th

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/ … lers.html/

The address of the "Texas Office" is currently a vacant office building under reconstruction.

The area codes of contact numbers are for Stockton, California and Seattle, Washington.

Their web domain has only been live for 26 days.

To me, it's without a doubt a scam.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks for the info.

Instincts are right.
And the motto, "If its too good to be true. It probably ain't." stands firmly.

Hi Nitin,

I've just Been Invited to this company as well.

Did you found out what is this company's intentions in the end?

Thank you in advance,

I came to know that it is a fake company. The registered address is a empty plot.

Hello ; nitta
mcowens motor mailing a job offer to me as electrical engineer
and it tell me for EB3 visa preparing
and it required labor certification and I-140 petitation and it take 580$ as filling fee
and I told him that the its the reponsability of  employer not the employee
but he say that  For the $580 filing fee, company pays $290 and applicant also pays $290. Company is actually responsible for applicants travel costs but during our last recruitment in Ohio, company sponsored all foreign applicants but only few joined us after getting their documents and visa. We realized most applicants used the company's sponsorship only to get the work visa and to avoid this, company asks new applicants to pay at least $290 part fee of their petition documents and company pays back when the applicant arrives. We also don't force this fee on applicants but only relevant to applicants who understand the company's safety policy and ready to abide.

what do you say

@Hesham

I suggest that you read the previous posts that state that this is a scam.

Any visa costs are the responsibility of the employer not you.

The scam is the visa fee. Telling you that the employer will pay half so you only have to pay half is the scam. You send the money and that is the last you will see of it.

It may seem like a small amount of money but if they can scam 10 or 20 people a week that amounts to a lot of money

A Google search shows that this is a scam.

Nitin86 wrote:

I came to know that it is a fake company. The registered address is a empty plot.

thanks all  :)

Its fake a company , am a victim of there scam , so be warned , they post job vacancies via professional social medias like LinkedIn , when start to inquire about they give very about there company , go to there website , send messages via customer help email and numbers
you call them and make you earn there trust afterwards they don`t reply , sometimes they continue more questions .
This information is especially to the job seekers be carefully with this company is SCAM

They are still posting the so called vacancies

umarukawooya wrote:

Its fake a company , am a victim of there scam , so be warned , they post job vacancies via professional social medias like LinkedIn , when start to inquire about they give very about there company , go to there website , send messages via customer help email and numbers
you call them and make you earn there trust afterwards they don`t reply , sometimes they continue more questions .
This information is especially to the job seekers be carefully with this company is SCAM

They are still posting the so called vacancies

BE  CAREFULLY WITH THIS COMPANY

For those that have been contacted by this fraudulent company, it might be recommended or useful to others if you file a complaint against them with the Federal Trade Commission in the United States, so action might be taken against those responsible.

FTC Complaint Assistant

Romaniac

thanks , but me l want to warn people ,they robed my 290$ they wanted more but this time l refused , l have passport copy .l don`t whether its real or fake with Travis steven

It is a FAKE !!

Anyone who comes across this scam site or any such other in the USA should indeed report it on the website given on post #14
It is all well and good to warn people on forums but there is a definite need to have the site recognised as a scam by reporting it to the authorities.

Thank you all for your comments!
I am also one of the supposed candidates called to relocate in USA as Sales Engineer.
But I started inquiring about this company as their website and the files they sent to me didnt have credible informations like registration number, tax number, company's history and their Board.
I checked their phone numbers which were not appropriate and if you look also on Google maps (their address) you will find nothing interesting.
So, I am glad having meet you!!!
Thanks

That is all fake , am the victim of this fake company  l like you , even they send passport of copy of the so called human resource
so don`t  make people follow into trouble , me l searched every that information you have given me , finally ,they conceived l proceed with everything  after no wards , l use those email , phone numbers call emailing but don`t answer

Hi everybody,

I guess that everything has been said about this topic. Everyone said that  this company is a fake one.
As there is no additional information posted, we can now close this topic.

Thank you all for your contribution :)

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed