Essentials to live in Sudan

Hi,

As an expat living in Sudan, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Sudan? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in one's suitcase or container when moving to Sudan.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Hi,

It is a hard question to answer:) ı've just moved to garden city in sudan. 

I brought my all kitchen stuff, all appliances etc. Thankfully I did. Because every stuff, appliance machine  are plastic, very basic, have old technology etc. Besides, they are too expensive and unfortunately does not worth to pay.

However, there are special markets that bring different brands to sudan market. Therefore, you can find all personal care, household cleaning products etc.

I think drugs would be essential to put into suitcase. If you have unwanted hair problem, you should bring your epilation set too. Because sudanese women do not have such a problem and it is imposible to find wax strip kit in the market:))

Additionally, if you are sensitive about food issue maybe you want to bring your some special food.

For example spice, dried fruits and nuts are too expensive and not fresh.

I generally use tea pot bags but such a innovation does not exist in the market. Maybe you want to bring your tea as well:)

You can ask me more specific questions:) ı will be here to answer:)