Essentials to live in Singapore

Hi,

As an expat living in Singapore, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Singapore? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in one's suitcase or container when moving to Singapore.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

In Singappre, you will get everything as per your daily requirements but yes, expensive if you r coming from a developing countries.

So, pack whatever you think could be very useful stuffs on your day to day use. Welcome to Singapore.

Medications here are a nightmare.
except for Paracetamol (and other very limited number of drugs/medications), you are not allowed to buy any medication without a prescription.
I and my wife are both registered doctors in our home country. however, we couldn't buy neither an antibiotic nor a topical analgesic without prescription.
That means we would have to visit a doctor and pay something like S$50 to be allowed to buy a medication that costs S$10.

amr_alhossary wrote:

Medications here are a nightmare.
except for Paracetamol (and other very limited number of drugs/medications), you are not allowed to buy any medication without a prescription.
I and my wife are both registered doctors in our home country. however, we couldn't buy neither an antibiotic nor a topical analgesic without prescription.
That means we would have to visit a doctor and pay something like S$50 to be allowed to buy a medication that costs S$10.

I found quite the opposite: More medications are available without prescription in Singapore than in my home country (Europe). But if that is not enough for you, you can always go to nearby Indonesia, where anything is available without the need for paperwork.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic - please create your own thread on the singapore forum