Essentials to live in Kuwait

Hi,

As an expat living in Kuwait, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Kuwait? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in one's suitcase or container when moving to Kuwait.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Hi... What I would advise its to bring your personal essentials till you are able to found you way around. Here you'll find everything but with different brand.. Once you get used to the new brands you are set.. Maybe a bid more expensive but remember you are not paying taxes so it evens out..
Bring your best foot forward and no need for attitude people well give you attitude back and just try to adjust its a new life here but not bad at all.
Best of luck!

After being here a while I have come to believe you can find just about anything, it's more the mater of knowing where to find it.  Might have to pay a little more (or a lot), but you can generally find most legal things ... although you may have to get used to a different brand.  Having effective transport will help once settled in.  They'll alway be friends from your own culture going back and forth to home, make a list and ask for the occasional favor  :)
When I go back to the states, thats when I tend to doing my annual shopping for branded clothes (a lot cheeper back there) ... and grab some small items hard to get ahold of here ... such as - / my brand of toothpaste / good bedding (800 count or similar) / Nutmeg (for some reason its taboo here) / Canadian Yeast / Potassium Metabisulfite / collar stays / ... and make sure my credit cards have more then a year left on them. 

Just some thoughts :)

I feel you get every thing here but do bring your home country food, preservative or dry so later u can utilize.

I find Kuwait very frustrating in so much as you can find most everything but never where you expect to find them and never will you find all your needs in one place and the shops are inconsistent for example I like a particular brand of coffee and I pick it up every week in say LULU then one week I go there is none left and I may not see the brand in that store again for months so I always buy coffee when I go home and bring a load back. the other thing I buy at home is insulin sometimes I can find my medicine and sometimes I can't it's just hit and miss so bring plenty of medication until your settled in Kuwait and have a regular source.