Parents: Your experience with schools in Hurghada???

Good morning Caroline.  I hope you had a safe  trip back.
I was just wondering if the watchman passed on our number to you. I totally understand that you may be busy and it's not a problem but I would just like to be sure you got the number.
Kindest regards
Paula

Good afternoon Caroline!
Thank you in advance to call me concerning the position for the special needs children in the French school. ..
Hope you had great vacation!
Pia ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hi Caroline

Paula here.  Thanks again for the chat, it really helped.  I checked the website and got alot of info and so in that regard we've decided to go visit the school this morning  to see the facility.

Thank you so much again and I'll be in touch.

Kindest regards

Paula

Just wondering if anyone knows of any home schooling groups / forums for English parents & children in Hurghada please ?

assalamo aleikum
I want to ask if it is in Hurghada school where he could teach my son
I have a husband Egyptians but he lives in Saudi Arabia
I would want my children to go to school in Hurghada
but my children are ceske
Can you tell me the some School where he could going my son?
he have to go school the first year and will be him  6 years
I'd chosen a school where he would really take
But the problem is that they do not speak English
he can learn all at school or is there some problem?
if you can tell me how much cost  there  school or how much prices fluctuate school in Hurghada
Jazzah allah khair

Hello,

I was wondering if u're still working at gouna international school?
I was also wondeing if you accept kids who have autism.

Hi
I'm moving to Hurgada with my kids
Age 11, 10 & 6
I'll be appreciating if we meet once we arrive 3rd if November

Hi

I moved to Hurghada October 2019 with my then 12 and 14 year old.

If your from England don't expect good schools.  They are mediocre at best.  The schools themselves give a good talk but in reality it's alot of money to payout for very little in return.  It's my biggest regret and worst spent money whilst living there. 

We are back in the UK finishing off schooling.  There is no or little understanding of SEN.  I would highly recommend home schooling because essentially you are paying for text books and very basic teaching.  My 12 year old struggled to understand their broken/spoken English so this was his barrier to learning.  They were also alot of missed non taught lessons that my sons sat out of unsupervised during the day too. 

The school day starts very early and finishes around 2.  The school buses were good though going round the neighbourhoods to collect the children outside each complex/housing etc but the downside to this was they had to wake up even earlier to get picked up!!

Although our experience wasn't that great the plus side is there are alot of schools.  There is only two schools that teach the English curriculum.  One of the schools is in El gouna and the other is a newly built school but I can't remember the name. If your children only speak English then it does limit the amount of schools and because you are going mid year then your children will be expected to catch up.  Each school will need all your children to sit an entry exam to see which year they will be sitting. 

Another plus side to schools is the additional languages taught and spoken by different nationalities.  I would highly advise going to visit as many schools as you can to get a feel of the different schools.  You can always have tutors to teach your children in addition to school which is very common.  At the end of each term/semester the children sit exams and need to pass in order to progress which is obviously quite different to schools in the UK.

I hope you find this useful and if you need any further info then don't hesitate to ask!!

Personally I loved living in Hurghada and only came back to the UK so that my youngest could finish his schooling here. 

😊🥰