Essentials to live in Afghanistan

Hi,

As an expat living in Afghanistan, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Afghanistan? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in one's suitcase or container when moving to Afghanistan.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Hi Christine:

Your not providing a lot if information so that I can help you. Give me a little insight as to where you would be living for example at a guest house...... What type of work will you be doing? How long will you be staying there for and in what city will you be residing?

The lady is asking for general observations about the country, and what you really need if you intend to live there.
What sort of things are impossible to get hold of, and so on.
The thread is posted for all countries, hence the general nature of the question.

Almost everything is avalible for you. Just bring lots of clothing and shoes. Tunic's and knee length cardigans are essential for women. If you intend on spending the winter which is brutal, bring warm clothing, thermals and wool socks. Load up on aquaphor to combat the dry skin. Again, if your specific, I can give you better insight. I hope this helps

gtareq1 wrote:

Almost everything is avalible for you. Just bring lots of clothing and shoes. Tunic's and knee length cardigans are essential for women. If you intend on spending the winter which is brutal, bring warm clothing, thermals and wool socks. Load up on aquaphor to combat the dry skin. Again, if your specific, I can give you better insight. I hope this helps

Thank you.
We have few member in that country, so your insights are very welcome.