Alsalam Aircraft

Hi.  Newbie here!  Please forgive me if my ignorance of Saudi Arabia shines too brightly.

I have recently learned of the financial advantages of being an expat working in Saudi Arabia.  My expertise lies in the custom manufacturing of aircraft interior seating.  I applied online at Alsalam Aircraft's web site.   I am wondering if anyone knows of anywhere else in the Kingdom that offers this type of service?

I would be very happy to be offered such a job, which offers compound housing.   My question is this.......I don't know much about what is and is not a "female" job.  Do I have any chance at being hired in this company?  Or am I just dreaming?

Please help me.  My brain needs a little relaxation;)

It's me again!!!

Maybe I should re-word my question.

Does anyone know of any women technicians working for Alsalam Aircraft?  It is not unheard of in other countries....as I have been doing this over 10 years.  I would really love working in Saudi Arabia doing this job I love.
Anybody?

Schas

After being here a year, I would think that anything is possible, but in your case highly unlikely!   Since you applied for the job, see how it plays out and then if they do happen to select you, go from there. 
This is not an easy place to live.  Do as much research as humanly possible (this site is a good start) and look into everything you can.   Do NOT sign a contract until you are positive you can deal with the culture here, especially working for a local company.  Compounds are not all the same and living outside of a compound for a woman is not recommended.
Good Luck to you!

Thank you CAF.
I appreciate your insight.

I have been "trolling" this site for many months now.  I like the camraderie amongst members here.  I have learned much here, and would not consider living in Saudi Arabia outside of compound life.  Having been in contact with a friend who is working there for the past 9 months, I learn something new every day.

You say that my getting hired there is highly unlikely.  I appreciate your honesty, but is your reasoning because of my gender?  Do you know of anyone who is working there?

Thanks again,
Stacey

There are many women who work here in the country, but most are in the more traditional roles like teaching , healthcare, banking, some IT, and a few others scattered in the wind...  You role sounds like a job where gender could be an issue.  But this is the land of contradictions... so you will have to wait and see.  Heck, they may jump at the chance to get you here since the job is unique...  One just never knows how they are thinking.  Again, best of luck!  But if you do get hired, think long and hard about coming to this country...  I don't say this because I don't like it here.  Because, in fact, I like it a lot, but I'm with family.   As a single female it can be very difficult. 
Again, best of luck!

Please.. don't romanticize this place.  Living here is hard work.  This is not "Eat, Pray, Love."

That said, hi Schas :)  Glad you decided to stop lurking!  Unfortunately, I have to agree with CAF.  Not only is it a gender issue, but something I've noticed is that quality work like what you described isn't valued here.  Third world workers are trained and while the quality isn't good, it seems to be acceptable (believe it or not, this goes for a lot of maintenance work, too, like plumbing and electrical!).

Of course, having said that, I could be wrong :lol:

You've applied--all you can do is cross your fingers and wait.

Best of luck.

Alliecat, welcome back dear!  We've missed you!   :D

Thank you so much! :)  :hugs:

Schas Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There are no women technicians working for Alsalam. On the civil side they employ mainly asians on the military support contracts they employ mainly westerners and filipinos.

Try UAE they do employ women technicians. Try ADAT ETIHAD and EMIRATES

Best of luck with your search.

Thank you SANDSCORP.
I will check out your suggestions.