Activities in Ottawa

Hello I am a 53 years old Filipina and I have visited Canada twice, I would like to know any activities for Filipino's in Ottawa that I can join in during my stay there. My BF is Canadian so all his friends are Canadians.

Hello Dorisalejandre,

Please note that I have created a new thread with your post on the forum Ottawa as you were off topic on the previous thread and also for you to have appropriate replies.

Naomi.

Hi,

I don't know any activities for Filipino's in Ottawa, however if you would like you can join some groups from the MEET-UP and through them you can probably met with some filipino.

Here is the link:

http://www.meetup.com/cities/ca/on/ottawa/events/

you can see the group "Young professionnal Afterwork"
or the "Capital City Walkers" (Loop of Rideau Canal from Pretoria to Bronson bridges)...

Good luck

I am sure there's alot of pinoys in Ottawa. They usually work in the services industries - which probably demands that they work during odd hours - so the challenge would be how do you meet up with them. I probably start with any notice boards and see if there's any similar or desperate Filipinas that also looking for like-minded people. Then there's also Facebook groups - perhaps someone similar but a little more social media craftiness may have created a group for you all. If there's none specific to your geography, expand the search to the province or neighbouring cities will larger critical mass. Then pop the question to the group if they know of anyone in Ottawa. If all fails, just drop by the embassy and ask the good folks there.

All the best.