Eye cataracts.

Could somebody please help me with my question for eye cataract removals please.

The thing is that I only have 90% sight in one eye, and my good eye has a cataract which is  playing havoc with my sight.

I have been doing research of who are the best doctors in the Philippines to remove my cataract (mainly in Cebu, and Dumaguete also.) but I am really confused as there appears so many eye doctors that do this operation....... but which one do I choose?

I am a little afraid getting it done because if there is a stuff up I will only have a little sight from my not so good eye, but without having the cataract removed my sight is becoming less and less and is now upsetting my balance when walking.

Has anybody had any experience with the removal of cataracts, and if so would you be kind enough to give me the name of a doctor whom you would recommend?

I have been quoted between 45,000 and 150,000 peso`s to have it done and even though my sight is more important than the price I dont want to be ripped off either.

Hope that somebody can put my fears at ease with my concerns.

Don't be afraid Sir. I'm sure the doctor will orient you first on about your condition then tell you what should be done. Would you be willing to travel to Manila to see professional eye doctors who could help you with your situation?

id suggest you do ur op here in Manila, from bigger and more advanced hospitals.Its not they cant do it in those provinces but more advanced hospitals are mainly here in Manila.ur cataract may not be that bad yet so u need not get worried too  much.In an advanced hospitals,it is an easy  and fast op now a days.you can check out

American Eye Center
Shangri-La Plaza

Level 5, Shangri-La Plaza
EDSA corner Shaw Blvd.,
Ortigas Center Mandaluyong, Philippines

+63 2 636 0762

Greenbelt 5
Level 4, Greenbelt 5 Legaspi St., Legaspi Village, Ayala Center, Makati City, Philippines
+63 2 729 EYES (3937)

Asian eye Institute
PHINMA PLAZA,Hidalgo drive Makati City
Phone:+63 2 898 2020

Hope these information helps..i know the importance of the eyes..Good luck to you and God bless!

Thank you so much to both of you for your information, I will follow the advice that you gave me.

Ur welcome and may ur prob with ur cataract be sort out soon..goodluck and god bess!

Hi Dave
Not sure if you visit Aust any more, but have you considered getting them looked at there on/if you visit there any more. 

150,000php  (Around $5,000 AUD) it may be cheaper to get it done in Aust.  And if you are still eligible for medicare cover in Aust.

I just got diagnosed with early stage cataracts. I also have glaucoma. I go to the Asian Eye Clinic in Rockwell (Dr. Ang). Very professional group of doctors.

I originally had lasik done in SG, and have been later told I am a high risk candidate and should not have done the procedure. So dont take the SG doctors and their clinics as so high quality, they are after the $$$s.

And lastly, my former boss did his cataract surgery at American eye as it was a little cheaper. He has had complications, hard to say whether its due to the clinics or would have happened in any case.

I am in the same situation,as you.Developing cataract in my right eye.No need to go to Manila.Contact Dr Zimmafranca at Chong Hua Hospital in Cebu City.He has been looking after me for years.He inserted a contact lense behind my left eye,expertly,with no complication.The price he quoted me,for cataract removal was 90 k plus,2 days in hospital stay

My best advice id to get on a plane and have it done in your home country.  Medical facilities here are dated, and filthy.  Do not believe the hype.  Go home and get it done.

Had the them removed from botheyes. $2000 per eye. 5 min operation. never seen better than now. Davao city is where my Dr. is. American trained. If u desire more info, contact me

Thank you for all of your help and advice in this matter...I now have some homework to do, and some decision making also.
Many thanks once again.
Aussie Dave.

Brokenshire hospital, Davao city, Dr. Toletino

You are very much welcome, Sir. I wish you well.