Is a car needed.

Hi all,

If someone was living incyprus and in one of the main cities but not within ten minutes walk of there job would they be better if having a car or would the transport be sufficient.

2. Approximate cost of insurance and car tax?

Thanks,
Craig

i suspect that one is dependent on which city your planning to live close to  - cant comment on the paphos area as we have a car as its definitely needed here but i suspect the local buses woudl be ok

I find car tax is very cheap (€60 per yr for fiesta 1300cc)  and car insurance (under €300 for two fully comp covered and any driver over 25 upto 70 with NCB at max) as is house contents insurance €14k cover for €67 a yr

UL 95 Petrol is currently €1.12 and Eurodiesel is €1.06 per litre inthe Peyia Paphos area

Hi Toon,

Your a legend thank you could sir, answered and even cover potential future questions. Thanks for the help really appreciate it.

Now to get cracking a job hunting and make the dream reality.

Thanks,
Craig

hi craig. i live in limassol the bus service is good and 1-50 cents for a journey, a monthly card is available. i have a 1300 cc vehicle with full no claims bonus it costs me 360 euros per year fully comprehensive, and 58 euros per year road tax. a car is essential for seeing the island. second hand cars are expensive to buy in cyprus. good luck.