Renewing carte de sejour in Lyon

Hello

Has anyone renewed their carte de sejour recently in Lyon? My carte expires in May and I just booked an appointment on the prefecture's website. Horrified to learn that the first available slot is end June (!!!)

Would appreciate any information you may have if you have gone through the new system. I am wondering if I would be penalized for showing up with an expired carte, or if I need to get a temporary extension? If so, how do I go about getting it? I am not sure I can enter the prefecture without a booking. The thought of standing in the queues for hours last year still haunts me! :(

Thank you.

The last time I was at the prefecture was 2 years ago so I'm not quite sure what the "new" system is like. But here's the info I got from http://www.rhone.gouv.fr/booking/create/18805 :

Vous devez déposer votre demande de renouvellement de titre de séjour dans les deux mois précédant l'expiration de celui-ci. (OK)
Il est rappelé, à toutes fins utiles, que les dispositions de l'article L 311-4 du code de l'entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d'asile prévoient que, dans la limite de trois mois à compter de la date d'expiration d'un titre de séjour d'une durée de validité de 10 ans, le ressortissant étranger qui en bénéficiait peut justifier de la régularité de son séjour par la présentation de sa carte de résident arrivée à expiration et bénéficie donc de l'ensemble des droits attachés à celle-ci.
- Up to 3 months after the expiry date of one's 10-year carte de sejour, it is still considered valid for all practical purposes.

So that should solve your problem.

Hello

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I forgot to add that mine is a carte de sejour that's valid for only 1 year and the one I'm applying for is the same. I can't seem to find any info pertaining to the extension of its validity.

I am not sure if you heard, the new system allows the booking of rdv online. So, no more queuing for hours before the prefecture opens (that's what I did last year). However, I was unaware that the appointments are booked out months ahead (almost 5 months!)

Mine is a carte de séjour temporaire vie privée et familiale. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Hello. I renewed my carte de séjour vie privée et familiale in December and I was a couple of days late in doing so - same story, no available appointments. They didn't bat an eye. The new booking system was fab; we booked in the 10:30 - 12:30 slot, arrived around 10:30 and were finished before midday. It's SO much better ! Just be careful with the list - they still ask for things that are not listed (for me they wanted proof of my B2 language certificate - they noted that I spoke French well enough and it was okay), but they didn't ask anything about proof of integration. So take anything and everything, just in case !

Thanks Jayde.

Bttab: I guess I'm just unlucky :(
Can't wait to get my 10 year card!