International Primary Schools

Hi all!

I am making preparations to move from London England to Kingston Jamaica along with my Husband and our Son and Daughter aged 5 and 3.
I would love to be living on to the North Coast but my Husband has secured himself a job position in Kingston, so that's where we'll be. Kingston's cool still, will just look forward to weekends out visiting family and friends across Jamaica.

I am having trouble looking for International Schools in Kingston. I've come across one called AISK, they look brilliant but way too expensive. They work out to be around  £700 per month.

Does anyone know of any other international schools in Kingston that are reasonably priced? Or even a regular Primary School in Kingston that has a fair amount of overseas children attending?

Please let me know if you have any info

Many Thanks

Hi Chanelle, most preparatory school in and around kingston usually have a fair amount of overseas children. A few that I've considered were: st.Andrews prep, st.Peters and paul, Stella maris, Ardenne prep, quest prep, queens prep.
Of course most of these tuitions are above 500usd per term which in jamaica is 3-4months :/ . My deciding factors was location, cost, facilities and of course quality of education. I ended up settling with obistan prep now,I had to make some trade off.

AISK is in a category all by itself. I have toured a few listed above and I was a little disappointed I was expecting quality class rooms with good finishings, update technology I found only a moderate quality. You should do a local Search in your area of kingston or check out those that I've mentioned your sure to find something.

I was worried about my son's interactions at school as he's usually reserved but he has settled in well.

As for primary schools I thought long and hard on that matter and after visiting a few I didn't have the guts to do it. Most of my family members advised me to send my son to one but with an average of 30-35 kids in a classroom  way over subscribe. Halfway tree primary, George headley I've heard mentioned a few times. There is a recent article in the glener about a survey which indicates that prep has a better chance of passing GSAT you can check it out.

Keep us posted on your decision all the best.

Thank you so much.

I will get my head down and do some research on the Prep Schools you mentioned.

Many thanks

Hi There,
I haven't lived on the Island for over 34 years. But I remember when I was child my cousin's aunt taught at a school named Hillel Academy. Many children from over seas attended this school. I'm not sure what the cost is, I don't believe its inexpensive but maybe less expensive than the one you mentioned. it was a very good school, and I believe it still is, according to my step mother who has close ties to the island still.
Good luck.

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
Moving to Kingston
By SatIyer
Tutoring (online) in Jamaica (math, accounting, writing)
By David_the_jamaican
Living In Jamaica - and Marriage
By Qadar13
Moving with kids
By Kelley

Expatriate health insurance in Jamaica

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Jamaica

Moving to Jamaica

Find tips from professionals about moving to Jamaica

Travel insurance in Jamaica

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Jamaica

Flights to Jamaica

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Jamaica