Chinese visa

Hello I'm a Ghanaian and I'm considering moving to China. I have a visa through an agent in Ghana. How do I know its genuine and its there any visa in the B category cos mine is

This is the latest in visa to China.  For more information, please check with the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Accra.

Eligible Applicants

C

Foreign crew members of means of international transportation, including aircraft, trains and ships, or motor vehicle drivers engaged in cross-border transport activities, or to the accompanying family members of the crew members of the above-mentioned ships.

D

Foreigners who intend to reside in China permanently.

F

Foreigners who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other non-business activities.

G

Foreigners who intend to transit through China.

J1

Resident foreign journalists of foreign news organizations stationed in China. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.

J2

Foreign journalists who intend to go to China for short-term news coverage. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.

L

Foreigners who intend to go to China as a tourist.

M

Foreigners who intend to go to China for commercial and trade activities.

Q1

Foreigners who are family members* of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go to China for the purpose of foster care. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.

Q2

Foreigners who intend to visit their relatives who are Chinese citizens residing in China or foreigners with permanent residence in China. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.

R

Foreigners who are high-level talents or whose skills are urgently needed in China.

S1

Foreigners who intend to go to China to visit the foreigners working or studying in China to whom they are spouses, parents, sons or daughters under the age of 18 or parents-in-law, or to those who intend to go to China for other private affairs. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days.

S2

Foreigners who intend to visit their family members* who are foreigners working or studying in China, or to those who intend to go to China for other private matters. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.

X1

Foreigners who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.

X2

Foreigners who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.

Z

Foreigners who intend to work in China.

So that means there is no Chinese visa in the B category ryt

Hello Aggie, all I can say is that the document I sent is the one I received from the Public Security Bureau in Beijing, where I live.
Oftentimes, the visa categories change.  However, as suggested, please get in touch with the Chinese Embassy, visa division, in Accra for further clarification.
Good luck,
David

Hello!

I lived from 2012 to 2014 and had a lot of friends from Ghana. Sorry if I dare to generalize here, but apparently,it has spread this belief among ghanaians who want to come to China, that an "agent" is necessary. I have seen how these agents have scammed some of my friends, and in the best of cases, they do what they promise, but they charge for services that you can easily do by yourself with the embassy and through internet. As fdawei is suggesting, you can get in touch with the chinese embassy, know about the different types of visa, assess which one could be more convenient for you (time, cost, fitting the requirements, etc) , and later, e.g. if you wanted to apply for a student visa (most of cases I could tell about), you could contact directly thousands of universities along China. So, having proven by myself  (like a lot of foreigners from the whole world here)  that visa can be obtained by oneself, my advice to you is: 1. you can question what a lot of ghanian people say (just a belief), or simply what some of those people would like to "sell " to you? 2. don't be afraid, put a little more effort,  do it by yourself , so, you won't waste and risk your money with an agent.

Good luck!

OK thanks very much