Are there many South Africans? How is life, job...?

Hi Guys,

I'm from Cape Town SA and considering moving to Cambodia toward the middle of this year (2016) Are there many S. Africans there? Is finding a job easy? Is it nice to live there. How is the weather? Thinking about Phnom Penh. I have no idea what the country is like or if i will like it.
Please advise.

Thanks Friends
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Welcome on board  :)

This new thread has been created on the Cambodia forum so that your search gets more exposure.

To begin with i suggest you have a look at the articles in the Living in Cambodia guide  so that to have an overall idea of what you will have to do.

You may as well browse through the Cambodia forum by categories so that to gather a maximum infos.

all the best
Bhavna

Hi Brandon,

Yes, there are loads of South Africans here. Especially in the hospitality business.

Weather great. Easy and relaxed visa requirements.

As for jobs - it's all about what your work experience and what your expectations are.

Living here can be cheap, if you adapt your lifestyle according to Khmer standards (and try not to convert your potential expenses (the currency is in US $) into our worthless SA runts (becomes far too depressing).

As is the case anywhere in the World, being an expat has its distinct advantages as well as disadvantages. (It goes with the territory).

Of all Countries available to South Africans, Cambodia is probably one of the easiest to relocate to.

Regards,

Dirk