Moving to AD- Need some questions answered

Hello everyone,

I have recently received a job offer in AB but I honestly have no idea on things to keep in mind... This will be my first working experience and like I said I practically have no clue on what to expect.

I was wondering if anyone who has experience working in Abu Dhabi can answer some of my questions and maybe bring yo my attention things I am ignoring right now.

Thanking you in advance.

Ferdaous12 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have recently received a job offer in AB but I honestly have no idea on things to keep in mind... This will be my first working experience and like I said I practically have no clue on what to expect.

I was wondering if anyone who has experience working in Abu Dhabi can answer some of my questions and maybe bring yo my attention things I am ignoring right now.

Thanking you in advance.

Sure someone on here will be able to help you one way or the other. You should go ahead and ask your question and am very sure someone would answer it for you. i did suggest you also  add shanafashyaa here in Expat.com as he is working there and well advised on situations there.

Thanks Flex :)

Ferdaous12, Welcome to UAE. :top: What are your questions? We can discuss it in open forum. so that it will be useful to the readers. Anyway, this country is one of the safest countries in the world and you can have lots of fun here. You can feel the diversity of culture as this country is a home away from home. You can ask whatever the questions you have. There are many expats in this site who have lots experiences in various fields to help you and you are in right place :) Best of luck

Thank you for your reply and kind words. This being my first working experience is hard enough imagine having away from home.

Basically, I have the following questions ( they are quiet numerous, so please answer the ones you)

- What are the things I should look out for in the contract ? any major points I need to know about the UAE labour law ?
- What are the means to find good rent ? ( are they any website you can recommend)
- What salary would help make ends keeping in mind that this is my first experience.
- The practice I keep hearing about where the employer keeps the employee's passport, is that even legal to begin with ?

Thanking in advance for your time and help.

I don't think someone can figure out your salary since it depends on the company, your job and your experience. Since labor contract is a legal document, it will be drafted according to the labor law of this country, but read it carefully before signing up. About your passport, yes you need to submit it to your employer for stamping your visa, but they have no right to keep it once it is done. If you can give some details about the offer you got, I can suggest you whether it's acceptable or not. Usually, companies will provide you accommodation for few days until you find a suitable one. The following link will help you to find it.
www.dubizzle.com

Dear sir, thank you so much for you help. Especially the last point I didn't even think of this option.

I will write back with the offer I have received. Thank you and have a great day.

DEAR ...
WISH YOU A GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MOVE . HERE BELOW SOME ANSWERS MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO YOU .

- What are the things I should look out for in the contract ? any major points I need to know about the UAE labour law ?
LABOUR LAW IN UAE IS WELL DEVELOPED AND PROTECT BOTH WORKERS AND STAFF . YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE BASIC SALARY AS ITS THE ONE USED TO PAY END OF SERVICE BENEFITS.
IF YOU CAN ADD ACCOMMODATIONS ALLOWANCE WILL BE VERY HELPFUL 

- What are the means to find good rent ? ( are they any website you can recommend)
TRY WWW.DUBBIZLE.COM

- What salary would help make ends keeping in mind that this is my first experience.
THIS DEEPENED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EXPECTATIONS. IF YOU GIVE MORE DETAILS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP

- The practice I keep hearing about where the employer keeps the employee's passport, is that even legal to begin with ?
THIS IS NOT LEGAL AND NOT DONE ANY MORE IN UAE