Vivre 1 an en Irlande/To live in Ireland for 1 year

Hi everybody
I write here after having decided to spend 1 year or more in Ireland from August/September of this Year.
I would like to go to Ireland since a long time as I have very good opinions of my relatives on people, beautiful lanscapes, friendly atmosphere... But I just took the decision as the job market in South of France is complicated and I do feel like travelling.
My professional field is administrative and financial management and I hope to find a job not too hardly.
My first motivation is to live in an english-speaking environment and discover this country day after day.
I used to live in Canada for 2 years and it was an awesome experience. Conviviality, dynamism... I would like to find a pleasant quality of life: sport and cultural activities, a lot of concerts,..
I'm hesitating between Dublin and Galway and think to go there soon for a week-end to take the decision for september.
My first choice was Dublin but since I read things on the Web it seems that Galway is very liked by French People.
So, I'm interested by every advice and contact of expats or irish people to talk about it.
To French people who have the same project do not hesitate to contact me via this conversation or in a private message.
Thanks!
See you soon :)
---
Bonjour tout le monde,
J'écris ici car j'ai pris la decision de partir en août ou septembre de cette année vivre en Irlande, un an ou plus selon comment cela se passera.
J'ai envie d'aller en Irlande depuis très longtemps. Pas mal de mes proches m'ont dit du bien de ce pays.
Je suis dans le domaine de la gestion administrative et financière, j'espère pouvoir trouver du travail sans trop de mal. Ce qui me motive le plus c'est de vivre dans un environnement anglophone et de découvrir jour après jour ce pays. J'ai déjà vécu 2 ans au Canada et c'était une super expėrience. La convivialité, le dynamisme...J'aimerais pouvoir trouver une belle qualité de vie, activités sportives, culturelles, beaucoup de concerts car j'adore ça, etc...
J'hésite donc entre Dublin et Galway et pensent partir en week-end bientôt pour déterminer ma destination de septembre.
J'étais partie sur Dublin mais il semblerait que Galway sur les forums soit très appréciée.
Je suis donc intéressée par tout conseil, contact d'expats sur place pour pouvoir en discuter. S'il y aussi des personnes toujours en France actuellement qui ont le même projet que moi n'hésitez pas à me contacter via cette discussion ou en MP.
Merci!
A bientôt:)

Hi Nestivale,

I currently live in Ireland. My personal opinion is that you might find work in Dublin easier that Galway, although I must be honest I haven't done much on the job research.

If i was to chose a place to live for a year myself moving within Ireland I would chose Galway myself. The reason for this is the the West of Ireland has a lifestyle and beauty that Dublin does not.

Don't get me wrong Dublin has it attractions and its own beauty but is fast paced very busy. Galway is a busy place but a different life style.

I suppose I can best explain my choosing this way, most people in Ireland go to the west of Ireland for a break away due to its beauty and different pace of life.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Craig

Hi Craig,
Thanks for your answer that helps me. I have the chance to have a job in which hire is frequent. I suppose it won't be easy to find but I have a multi-tasks profile in company management so I want my choice to be more oriented by the life quality and beauty of the environment than the job market. This experience will allow me to improve my english because as you can see it will be a good thing for me  :)
Thanks again for your message
Best regards
Nes