Average salary for EFL Teachers?

Hi guys!

I was wondering if you could tell me what an average salary at a Uni in Riyadh for ESL teachers is?

Thank you!

Whilst waiting for a reply perhaps a Google search may give you some information.

Thank you for that! I was hoping to get first hand info from teachers out there.

Hi. I work at a govt college and I get 11,000 rials per month. Salaries here range from 2,000 to around 4,000 USD. Also, depending upon your work experience and qualifications.
Plz feel free to ask any question you may need to.
Regards

Erm...they base it on the qualifications you have and also depends whether your teaching at a college, university, language centre etc. University positions usually pay more. Then if you have a BA MA and CELTA/TEFL you'll probably be hitting the top end of the spectrum. About 12-14,000 riyal which is about 2000GBP a month.

You do also have an allowance with most companies for housing and transport.  Should you choose to use the company transport and accommodation then this will be deducted from your pay. Or you can choose to take the allowance and make your own arrangements else where.

My advice if its your first time coming out here i to live in the accommodation and take the transport until you know your way around.

I hope this has helped. :)

Thank you as always Ayesha! great help! I hope the top of the spectrum is  enough to save and live comfortably!

No Problem MadBrad.... to be honest even the bottom of the spectrum is still enough to live more than comfortably here and save money.

The cost of living itself is Saudi is cheap, a lot cheaper than the UK. I manage to fit in travelling, dining every weekend at new restaurants, holidays, the weekly shop and still have plenty to save. It's all about budgeting  :top:

Salaries are based on race and nationality in Saudi Arabia.
Where were you born and what is your nationality?
These both determine basic pay.

That's sad to know....

Not enough. Lol

And where your degree comes from.

Google Dave's ESL Cafe and check out the forums there. Lots of useful stuff.

8000 SR to 12000 SR for bilinguals

Thank you everyone!

That depends on experience and educational level. I would say for someone with a lot of experience and an appropriate MA, total package $5,000USD

Depends school or college
Nationality

Some teachers  start at 6,000 SAR up to 12,000 schools and 20,000 for universities and colleges

Jeddah the pay I much lower

:mad: