1900kd salary

Hi all,

Just moved to kuwait and have an offer with a salary of 1900kd all inclusive of rent, transport etc. i am married and have a 5 year old son and a 1 year old daughter, is this salary good enough to be able to send my son to a private school as well as have a bit of saving on the side?

Thank you.

Try www.numbeo.com  for cost of living.

Yes it is good salary, You can try to negotiate  to get some more, if possible.

Man, that's more than enough :)

for a 2 bedroom place you can lose 3-450 KD a month, transport car rental starts from 125kd a month

In which areas would you recommend?

Modab, there are cheap areas and expensive areas, however, traffic is very bad at times, it would depend where your job is, personally I would live as close to work as I can afford. Of course your priorities may be different. Outside of Kuwaiti areas (based on price) the further away from the city, normally the cheaper the rent.

It's enough if you want to scrape a living, rent a slum and watch every coin you spend. Kuwait is the most expensive Gulf Country and 1900 KD will not go far. Don't listen to any one telling you it's enough believe me it's slave wages

Really....heard you can rent a decent place in Salmiya for around 450...would that be a dump of a place?

£53000 tax free a year is hardly slave labour, I guess maybe if you're an oil worker then its not the greatest. I'm a teacher from the UK, I only get 1535 but it does include accommodation. Its a lot higher than Uk salaries and Im very happy with it, especially the 15 weeks vacation. For a family of 3 shopping will be about 150KD a month I imagine. I dont think 450kd a month will be  slum by any means. You're not going to starve, but its not going to buy you that lamborgini either. It all depends on perspective and the job in question. Filling my 5.7 litre Dodge costs me about 7kd a week and the mileage is awful on my car. 25kd a year to tax and pass the inspection for the car. All about perspective. Macdonalds employees start on 105kd a month, with accommodation and transport for 6 days a week. So 1900kd youre ok ;)

I guess when 1900kd is show at over 50k pounds a year it's a nice salary however apart from petrol Kuwait is very expensive and after the ever increasing rent is deducted followed by television telephone and Internet it's another chunk disappeared before a single grocery is bought. Money can magically disappear in Kuwait and I honestly find what I like to eat is 2 time Uk price. Several days ago I went to the dentist after a crown fell out and the dentist wanted just short of 500 KD to replace the crown. I wish I could eat for 150kD a month or even better the 20kd a week I read somebody else spent but I seriously don't know how this can be done... To earn 1900 a month feed a family pay rent and utilities transport etc.is not an easy ride and I would strongly advise this person to really consider carefully what He/she would gain leaving their home country to come to Kuwait and settle a family before accepting this sort of all inclusive offer.

2.5kg of chicken breast costs between 2 and 4kd, thats a lot of chicken to make meals with, vegetables are cheap as is rice, bread and pasta. 1kg of fresh ground beef from geant is 1kd 650, again a lot of pasta, curry, pies :) where are you shopping? And surely a crown is a one off expense. There are cheaper places but the UK prices aren't too far off for private work. I agree on the rent, I dont pay for a tv package and my internet is 10kd a month, i get my tv from the internet. Ways and means. As I said it depends on lifestyle expectations.

I'm sorry things aren't working out for you here.. may I ask where do you shop for groceries?