How time period of Naturalization can be calculated?

Dear James,
How are you?i have some doubts regarding time period of naturalizaton.i came to know if a person
marry with brazilian girl then after getting Permanency he need to wait 1 year more to apply citizenship of Brazil.
But in another condition a person need to continuously stay upto 4 years in Brazil to be naturalized.
My question is that,if a foreigner receives permanency in immigration opened by immigration authorities of Brazil then he need to stay 4 years to apply citizenship after getting permanency??

For example if a foreigner comes here in brazil and he puts refugee here,in the response policia federal gives him a refugee protocol to examine his application and after each year he renew his temporary
refugee protocol,and 4 years have gone.in the end of 4th year Brazil Govt opens immigration like they did it on the event of FIFA world cup 2015,can he apply citizenship because he has spent 4 years in brazil or he still need to calculate more 4 years after getting permanency???
i think you have find out what i want to ask,please explain it in details.

Normally the waiting period for Ordinary Naturalization is FOUR year. If permanency was based on marriage to a Brazilian citizen, or on being the parent of a Brazilian child then the waiting period is reduced to ONE year from the time permanency is granted.

I'm sure that if you look at your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro - CIE, since you are a refugee, then it will be issued as PROVISÓRIO. That won't count toward the waiting period. The CIE must state PERMANENTE, only then can you start the countdown to the date you can apply for naturalization.

In your case, since permanency would not be based on marriage or a Brazilian child, then from the time you finally get a CIE in the PERMANENTE category you would wait 4 more years before you can apply for naturalization. When the Brazilian government uses the term "residency" in terms of immigration they mean PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Thanks for quick reply,,,
My one friend received CIE.i saw personally his CIE.on his CIE has written Permanente.He entered in Brazil on 15 februaray 2012 but he received permanency on 21 July 2014(Based under immigartion in which  Brazilian Govt legalized 5000 people on the event of FIFA 2014 FOOTBALL CUP.
James you are not understanding my question.i wanna ask=The 4 year time period for naturalization will be count from 15 Febraury 2012 or from 21 July 2014?????

I understood perfectly and gave you the only answer that was possible... it is from the date that he was granted permanency, not the date he entered and not the date he applied. Now that you have given exact dates I can make that answer clearer for you.

July 2014 starts the count if that is when he was granted permanency, so if he is not married to a Brazilian or does not have a child he would not be able to apply for citizenship until July 2018.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

thanks James,Now i have understood

, Hi everyone  im from india living in brasil .. Can anyone clear my doubts please i have receieved my RNM protocol based on marriage on 2019 november then i got my CRNM card on july 2020 it was segunda via de CRNM because PF lost my card thats why they requested second copy .. This is my situation so when i can apply citizenship ?

Mummy 11

As the spouse of a Brazilian citizen, you can apply for naturalization after you have lived in Brazil for one continuous year after the issue date on your CRNM.