Unsure about moving to Malaysia...advice on Work, living, saftey....

HI there

My husband and I have often thought about moving to Malaysia. We have visited a few times and love the people and the country.
My husband works in real estate, not selling properties but property management. So looking after clients portfolios of properties.
We currently live in Sydney, Australia. We love it here, but the cost of living is extreme.
We have a daughter who is 1 year old.
We would want to live in a quiet area that is safe for our family. We would prefer not to live in a apartment either.
We favour living near the beach. We enjoy eating out and trying lots of different foods.
So where should we move to? And is there work for property managers, how much would it pay? What would our standard of living be?
Any rental, employment etc websites would be helpful too. I looked at iproperty.com. Is the price quoted per month? Eg. $6600MYR...is this per month?
Thanks!!!!!!

Yes that would be per month.
There are lots of families that move to Malaysia like you, for safe, affordable and comfortable living. Look up MM2H, Malaysia My Second Home program, Malaysia's program for permanent residents from abroad.

Malaysia has many gorgeous beaches but not really near urban centres. Consider Penang? High development happening there, they say it's the area to invest.

I don't know anything about your industry, but CAN recommend Malaysia for comfortable, affordable living! :)

engberts-kaya.com

Can I ask please, what about the "Language  Barrier"? (Miserably, I only speak english and a little french) How many people speak or understand english? Would it be totally foolish for me to consider going there for any length of time?

NickEd,

dont worry. English is widely spoken in Malaysia and Im confident that it will not take you long to grasp the language=D

Malyasia is a safer than many european and US cities. Any city has the menace of mugging and petty crime BUT hardly any violent crime here. So, no worry, we are safe, so, you will be safe too! It's a lovely city and have all most everything. It's very multicultural.

Been been living here last 16 years.
I am from Melbourne.
First you come and see and feel the country then make your own decision.
Nobody will make a decision for you.
Come stay live then make a decision.