Pet relocated to Brazil

Im gonna fly to Brazil in March.
Beside the issues i met to prepare documents for all the procedures later, i also dont get cleared enough wat should be done to be able to enter Brazil with my beloved Labrador.
Im gonna fly with Qatar and transit in Doha. The air company told that all the docs that is needed for my Lab to get into Brazil must be checked well from a trustable source in Brazil.
I wonder if any expats here had experiences ab this !!!!!!

Hello,

Unless you are prepared to leave your Labrador cooped up indoors (in an air conditioned space) all day long I would strongly advise that you give the dog to someone you trust to care for it at home.

Apart from all of the expense and bureaucracy of bringing animals into the country I can tell you that large dogs like Labradors do not adapt well to the excessive heat here unless they've actually been born here.

Also, there are a number of diseases borne by ticks and fleas here that can be fatal to dogs.

If you love your dog, please leave him/her back home with someone who will love and care for the animal. This is especially true if you are NOT planning on this being a PERMANENT move.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to find someone who will appreciate n love the dog in my country. Plus my parents will be moving soon so there will be no one to take care for the dog. And they are old. My plan is to live there in Braril permanently so it's necessary for me to bring my dog, not to mention I don't like being away from my dog and so does she.

I believe Hanoi where he is from is actually hotter than Brazil or at least as hot so I'm sure the dog will be fine.

I really hope so. The most that I concern is that the long flight.....