PR Government Blows Off Its Taxpayers... Again

One way to avoid paying back excess payroll taxes taken: don't allow the filing of tax returns!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8432316/Screenshot%202016-02-03%2012.56.26.png

This after the same department was just reported last week as granting a contract worth tens of millions of dollars with no competitive process to "Fast Services LLP."

Really, the upcoming elections are not soon enough to oust this government.

Well they are collecting on Tax year 2015 but have not yet returned all the refund money for the year 2014. Given that, who knows when refunds for 2015 will be sent.

PR government at its best!!! I'm glad I don't work or file taxes in PR. I beat you the electronic forms are going to be a mess and the people will pay the consequences, as always !!

it is not just PR, a few years ago in Massachusetts, the IRS hired a bunch of people to help them process the taxes, apparently how empty their desk was was of some importance. The new hires started to throw away the tax forms so it looked like they were doing their job. A lot of people had to refile and cancel checks and re-issue them again.

Correction: when you get old, "The Other day" means 5 years ago and "a few years ago" usually mean 10 to 15 years ago. Time is relative as you get older.

Has anyone else had trouble with the new online system? I'm trying to register to be able to file my electronic taxes but when it comes to options for filing vs. payment, I can't seem to get it to go to the next screen for filing.

The last line of the notice I posted above seems to indicate that Hacienda has not made the processes for electronic filing yet -- which didn't stop them from disallowing paper filing.

I usually use third party software to file. It is also not available yet. No surprise if Hacienda hasn't figured out what it's doing yet.

Incidentally, big thumbs down on the new Hacienda website. The last one was genuinely useful and easy to navigate. Whoever did this one doesn't seem to know quite what they're doing. Even if they had, one has to wonder why this large unneeded investment was made now, when the department supposedly has no money.

It's all so outrageous.