Ignorant behavior

Love Malta , Been living here over 10 years with many Wonderful Maltese friends . I generally find the Maltese lovely , kind , gracious people who would go out of their way to help , but on the other hand I sometimes experience  the unfriendly , aloof Maltese  . I don't usually get offended and assume this is just their way or some maybe not very good English speakers , but even if I get a smile from them I'm happy . Last week it sort of got to me a bit . I'm a happy go lucky chatty sorta gal  , but this one man who was doing a delivery to me , wouldn't even look at me , despite me asking him how he was and talking about the weather . I said goodbye , have a good day ..but nothing . Very disappointing  . Has anyone else experienced anything similar ?

cailineire wrote:

Love Malta , Been living here over 10 years with many Wonderful Maltese friends . I generally find the Maltese lovely , kind , gracious people who would go out of their way to help , but on the other hand I sometimes experience  the unfriendly , aloof Maltese  . I don't usually get offended and assume this is just their way or some maybe not very good English speakers , but even if I get a smile from them I'm happy . Last week it sort of got to me a bit . I'm a happy go lucky chatty sorta gal  , but this one man who was doing a delivery to me , wouldn't even look at me , despite me asking him how he was and talking about the weather . I said goodbye , have a good day ..but nothing . Very disappointing  . Has anyone else experienced anything similar ?

Perhaps he doesn't understand english.

Thanks GozoMo ,
He did understand all the instructions in English when he made the delivery but didn't unfortunately respond with speech or any facial expression .

Anybody is prone to having a bad day, don't let it get to you so much and maybe give them a benefit of the doubt.

Has this happened to you before or was this the first time? If it's the latter then I agree with romaniac - everybody has a bad day every now and then. I'm not too bothered if someone doesn't greet me or make small talk, as long as they are not mean to me and do their job :)

Yes , you are probably right and thank you both for your replies .