Thinking of Moving to Bulgaria

Hi All,

We are thinking of moving to Bulgaria in the near future and are planning a trip to the country in the summer.

I wondered if anyone could advise on a good English speaking local solicitor and real estate agent that can assist with the process.

Also any handy tips on moving and locations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Welcome Adam,

If you use the search box in the Bulgaria forum page and type in "solicitor" or whatever else you want to find, I'm sure you'll find some responses; this topic has been addressed several times.

Also, to find a real estate agent, please consult the BUSINESS DIRECTORY.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Adam -
I spent years researching/visiting, eventually settling on Veliko Tarnovo, the stunning, former medieval capital. It reminded me of Edinburgh. I found a great estate agent called Yantra ran by two Englishmen, who pointed me at the 'right' villages and I bought my dream house. They also put me in touch with a good solicitor. Extremely smooth transactions all the way. I also have an excellent property manager who maintains things, and offers all-trades services.
Good hunting!
Robert

Thanks for the information Robert.

If you get time I would appreciate further contact details on you solicitors and property managers.

Kind Regards

ADAM

Hi Adam

my partner and I have bought in the Veliko Tarnovo area in April last year.  We worked with Yantra, Stara Planina and VT properties and saw houses with them all.  They were all helpful and spoke excellent English.  We ended up using  Ivelin and his brother Andrea from VT properties because they had they house we loved on their books.  We trusted them enough to give them Power of Attorney on our house sale.  They were efficient, informative and easily contactable.  I was however very specific about what I did and didn't want having spent months researching both online and with bona fide Bulgarians and ex pats.  It's the old 5 p's adage prior practice prevents poor performance.  PM me if you'd like to know what costs we paid and what that covered.  Good luck

Hi Adam
I've just found a cost of living guideline.  It is relatively recent in 2015 and for the area around Pleven.  These are not government stats so read as a "subjective" analysis.

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/pleven

Hi Again -
You're welcome.
Yantra:
http://www.yantrahomes.co.uk/
Their Bulgarian estate agent - who'll drive you all over BG - was Stefan Bonchev, lovely guy.
Lawyer (notary public):
Dimitrichka Angelova  - Yantra recommended him - perfect English, all papers translated.
Property Manager -
Keith Davies - ex RAF chopper pilot - he's usually hectic, so if you do buy, I'll pass his details then.

I really lucked out, and best to you guys, too.

Robert

Where abouts in Bulgaria are you wanting to move to? It is very hard to advice someone else on where they would like to live. Better to spend the time and explore the country before making a decision. Personally we avoided the Veliko Turnovo region as too many Brits. We are further south near Stara Zagora.

Thanks again for the information.

All the Best

Adam

Hello,
I cant help you with the realtor or broker but I can tell you that mountains and country are cheaper places to live.
Also, that depends on your standards and of your lifestyle and wants.
For me, the mountains are the solution! I paid 8K for my house and 18 leva for my property taxes. Water is free here and you can start your own greenhouse! Food is cheap and the cable is only 10 leva per month !
But everything depends on your tastes and preferences!
Also, I recommend buying your house in cash because you will be free of a mortgage!