Mum of 16 months old baby would like to make freinds

Hi i am a single mum wanting to visit Paris as a young child wanted to visit france , i have awlays found it daunnting to make the trip, but i have decided to make this my wish but i want to visit France and especially Paris .  I would love to make some realy nice friends as i lack confidence and this is my first post infact my first post ever and i just had to bite the bullet and go for it .

I am living in the Uk leeds, and have pakistani origin.  But i am a Yorkshire las through and through. x

Welcome to Expat.com, moonlight24!

Hope you'll soon make some nice contacts on the forum!

Where will you be travelling to in France?

Keep us updated !

Arlette

BT, your baby looks fabulous! :D

Hi i would like to visit Paris and go to places where tourists dont realy venture i.e the unseen Paris i want to see how cluturalised Paris is and what impacts it would have for me if any living there, i need to make friends so i can be guided , baring in mind i have a little one so i think i will need to stay for about 2 weeks to realy have time to take in and evaluate what paris has to offer.

Being a muslim i am told or rather read that France is not kind to muslims ... i need to see if i could realy live there i.e halal food, other muslims families, not knowing French would it be a barrier etc.

Hi!
I'm half French (and American) and lived in Paris as an adolescent. You will not have any problems being a Muslim in France, well, more likely in Paris (never know in smaller towns), as it is very mixed, and you should easily find food and friends. I don't live there anymore, so can't take you out. If you have trouble meeting people or getting info once you are there, contact me and I'll get my relations going if you want. If you come around the north of Brittany, contact me also (my son's 1)!
Hope you have fun in Paris and if you have other questions go ahead.
Saskia