Iqama profession - General labor can send only 5000 SAR overseas?

hi all

i am working as an engineer.  but on my iqama card, my profession is 'general labor'.  i think this is also the same as for my visa.  i was told by the agency that arranged my visa when i came here, that they will use 'general labor' because that was what was available.  not knowing anything, i agreed.

however, now that i am here, i am working as an engineer, earning a good engineer's salary.  my urgent problem now is sending money overseas.  i am told that for 'general labor' there is low maximum amount i can transfer, only 5000 sar per month..  is this true??

i have already asked my company about change of profession on my iqama.. that's another story.

Certain constraints apply if you don't have a good profession on your iqama. Limits on financial transactions amount, on-arrival/online visas for other GCC countries, family visas are just a few of them.

I suggest you talk to your company about changing the profession, register with SEC (Saudi Engineering Council) and go for the profession change process.

thanks..  but regarding my urgent problem of sending money overseas..  i cannot find any concrete rules regarding the amount a 'general labor' iqama can actually send.  last month, i was informed by enjaz teller that 5k is the max.  but then in another enjaz branch, i was able to send 12k no questions asked!

In fact, I don't think this specific limit is formalized. I have never heard of 5K; but I do know banks do keep raise objections on amount of transactions with not-so-good professions on iqamas.

asr5405 wrote:

hi all

i am working as an engineer.  but on my iqama card, my profession is 'general labor'.  i think this is also the same as for my visa.  i was told by the agency that arranged my visa when i came here, that they will use 'general labor' because that was what was available.  not knowing anything, i agreed.

however, now that i am here, i am working as an engineer, earning a good engineer's salary.  my urgent problem now is sending money overseas.  i am told that for 'general labor' there is low maximum amount i can transfer, only 5000 sar per month..  is this true??

i have already asked my company about change of profession on my iqama.. that's another story.

Get your certificate attested and get your profession changed...To send back money, use your friends help to send it across...