What to do in Prague in March?

Hi.....
I am a Scottish man visiting Prague in March.
I am travelling alone and wondered if you have any tips regarding the best places to go/visit in March? ( as I realise it could be very cold.)

I am in Prague for 4 days (Tuesday-Saturday) and I am looking forward to seeing the city and of course meeting people of every Nationality and hopefully exchanging views etc.

Also is it safe to walk freely around on your own?...... (during the day and evening) as unfortunately I was attacked in another European city.

I would appreciate your suggestions/ideas!
Thanks.....tartanjimmy

Hi Tartanjimmy...

March would be a good time, weather-wise to visit Prague.. I would suggest that you get one of guided walking tours guide. You can search 'Prague walking tour' on google and choose the ones that best suit your schedule and budget.

I suggest a walking tour because of two reasons. One, you will not have a hassle to ask your way around the must-see spots,it would be a tailor-made tour. Secondly, in a group, you will feel definitely safe. Besides, its fun to meet new people from different nationalities as this is what you are looking for as well.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy your trip
Z

Prague is generally safe, follow common sense.....don't go waving money around.  Beware of pickpockets and scammers though around Charles Bridge andold town.  I was approached several times by people around there, I just kept walking and ignored them or responded in Romanian.  Nothing violent though :)

Tripadvisor can give insights on what to see/do there.  I personally recommend the Strahaov monastery (which has a excellent brewery/restaurant on site) and also Choco Cafe on Liliova street (best hot chocolate ever!).

Romaniac

Thank you very much for your reply I appreciate it very much!
Tartanjimmy

No problem, any time!

Z

Thank you....your information is great....I appreciate all replies to ensure I get the best enjoyment from my limited time in Prague......tartanjimmy......thank you again!

Hi there. There are many cool things to do and see in Prague. If you want to visit some of the most popular landmarks in the city, I suggest going to the Old Town where most of the attractions are located.

In case you want to check out some of the less touristy places in the city, you can check out some of my pieces that I wrote recently. These are walking routes with maps and a couple of destinations, each with a short description. If you wish to create a walking route for your city, you can sign up and do the same to help other fellow travelers in the community.

routey.net/City/Prague/Route/255/The-Astronomical-Clock-in-Prague-Walking-Tour
routey.net/City/Prague/Route/257/Prague%27s-awesome-BBQ-Experience-Walking-Route
routey.net/City/Vienna/Route/211/Museum%2C-BBQ%2C-and-Mariahilfer-Strasse-Shopping