Legal Advice

Hi  I am Loraine from the Philippines, i just saw this site and I'd like to ask for help regarding my friend case in dubai, he is an architect there he had a girlfriend who lend  money in dubai for business and it happens he  stand as a guarantor and he  also lend money  to put up  her girlfriend business, because she  encourage him to put up a  recruitment agency,it fails and the girl leave him broken he is suffering and paying for years to cope up what they lend, his passport is in the lending company. He is asking for help because he's having a hard time paying for the money he did'nt use. What will he do?please I wanna help my friend.

Thanks,

Loraine

When he signed as guarantor he took on the payments in the event of her running away, so there's probably little he can do but pay up.

The only use is probably as a warning to others not to do the same thing, but he can always try a lawyer.

As Fred said there is nothing one can do for him. He stood in as a guarantor for some one he barely knew well. Getting a lawyer as suggested is ok but all could be a long and tedious procedure. The information you shared is more of an advice to us than we have to give.