Craft groups - Flic en Flac, Tamarin?

Hi,

Was just wondering if anybody was aware of any craft groups in Flic en Flac or Tamarin. They're quite popular in the UK and was wondering if anybody had started something like this up here or was aware of any taking place.....?

Thanks in advance  :)

Hi Natalie,

My 5-yr-old daughter is a big art&craft fan and my wife also enjoys it. So if you don't find a group and want to start one, you can ping me ;)

We are in Flic-en-Flac and my daughter goes to school in Tamarin (where she has art&craft as extracurricular once a week).

Thanks!

Hi!

If there is no such group, we should start one!  :)

I'm moving to Mauritius by April and would love to get crafty.

Regards,

Anne

me too ... desperately looking for people interested in arts and craft ... I live in Flic-en-Flac

I'm in Flic en Flac and would be interested in something like this

Hi all, thank you for your replies.

What crafts are we all interested in? I make jewellery but would love to learn how to sew properly😆
Nice to see some replies from people in flic en flac, it would be great to meet you ☺
Doesn't seem like there is a craft group in existence, how shall we go about this, can we pool our skills and knowledge???
☺☺☺

Hello Anne,
Where in Mauritius will you be moving to?

I can do bits of jewellery, I make bracelets and magnets for the NGO Paws to sell.
I am happy to try anything, sewing would be good I've also wanted to learn how to knit.
Maybe we should all meet to discuss what we would all like to do

Hi Natalie,

I can sew (not professional level but quite good) and I could definitely teach you. I would love to learn about jewellery making! Perfect skill swap ;)

I'm open to any craft really but my main interest is in textiles/sewing.

We are not sure where exactly we will be moving. We are going to stay in Grand Baie with family until we find our place. Probably North or    towards the East. 

Have a good week,

Anne

Hi ladies and gentleman, I'm rather into drawing, painting and scrapbooking. I can sew a little., do a little knitting and crochet. I've given up jewellery making. Let's meet and create a craft group. Where and when do you suggest?

I'm up for this- we can teach eachildren other 😀.
This week is a bit busy, how about one evening next week? We could meet for a drink somewhere first, if you like, and make plans 😄

Sounds good to me

Any evening next week is ok for me except Thursday, where?

How about Tuesday - Maffiozoes?

I would love to come too but can't do a Tuesday evening as I go to Rotary.
Jenny

No worries, when suits? ☺

Since Genevieve cannot do Thursday and Monday is a public holiday, what about Wednesday evening?

Suits me☺

Hi all !
I'd be glad to join in...wednesday evening sounds good...but will have to confirm.

thanks

Great☺

Hello everyone,

If the date, time and venue are finalized, I invite you to post your event and all the necessary details in the Events in Mauritius , which allows you to invite members to join you too.

Thank You,
Naomi.

Wednesday should also work for my wife ;)

Hi all,

How many of us are free next Wednesday?
:)

I am

just to confirm i am too

Hi, I have heard that in Bambous courses are offered, but do not know where exactly.

I am interested in singing in a choir. If there is anything like that in Flic en Flac or nearby, I would be pleased to know. Thanks

Can't do Wednesday I've got family over, they leave on Friday so anytime after that is fine.

Why don't we do Friday night? 😊 who can make it then?

Friday night is good for me

Hi all,
How many of us can make Friday night this week? Would be good to get things rolling 😊😊

Sorry can't do Friday, I'm dropping off family at the airport for a tearful farewell

Since the weather is not good and the government has advised businesses to close tonight is not really an option.  Are we better at going for a day next week when the weather will hopefully be better?

I think this week is looking unlikely; how about next Thursday evening?

Thursday is a good evening for me. What about you others?

Suits  me. Shall we pick a time and place? What do others reckon? 😊

This week Thursday is ok for me. Hope to see all of you soon.

Would 7.30 tonight at Mafiozzoes suit? On the last count, was it 3 of us who could make it?😊

Hello Natalie, for me it's ok. Mafiozzo is quite a noisy place though.

No worries- where would you suggest? 😊

Let's meet there, then we'll decide if we move somewhere else.