LIVING IN IRAN

Hi everyone!  I lived in Esfahan, Iran during the 70s and the start of the revolution.  I am now writing a book about that time (humorous, hopefully), and know it's quite different now than it was then. 

If anyone out there is living there now, or has in the last say five years, I'd love to be able to include that in my book.  As it was quite severe in the 70s, I wonder if it has calmed down any, as far as Americans are concerned. 

My book will retell the crazy culture shock, the inadequate roads and transportation, and a few scary situations that I got myself into because, well, I guess I'm just plain nosey!

You can view the book on my website, dodiecross.com, and click on my blog which tells a little about some of the incongruities that faced a newbie expat.  After Iran, I was ready to take on the world.

Also, if anyone has any recent pictures of the mosques or Tehran, I'd be happy to pay for them.

Dodie

a broad abroad wrote:

Hi everyone!  I lived in Esfahan, Iran during the 70s and the start of the revolution.  I am now writing a book about that time (humorous, hopefully), and know it's quite different now than it was then. 

If anyone out there is living there now, or has in the last say five years, I'd love to be able to include that in my book.  As it was quite severe in the 70s, I wonder if it has calmed down any, as far as Americans are concerned. 

My book will retell the crazy culture shock, the inadequate roads and transportation, and a few scary situations that I got myself into because, well, I guess I'm just plain nosey!

You can view the book on my website, dodiecross.com, and click on my blog which tells a little about some of the incongruities that faced a newbie expat.  After Iran, I was ready to take on the world.

Also, if anyone has any recent pictures of the mosques or Tehran, I'd be happy to pay for them.

Dodie

We would like to see the pictures...

Hello I am from Northern part of Nigeria I am 27 years old I am an IT consultant. I wanna get an information on how to move to Iran. What I am too much care about is that; if there is no some sort of racism over there. And if I am free to practice my religion. could anyone help over there please

Hi

you may find and post free online classified ads for Tehran and Iran on tehranclassifiedads.com. It has lot of Category like Accommodation,usedcars,educationand Auto Cars.

i am from iran and living in iran
i am a boy 27 y/o
if u have any question dont hesitate to ask me here:
[email protected]

@ a broad abroad
I lived in Tehran at that time also, before, during and after the revolution and my experience was not as dramatic as you seek to describe. I don't think it's really fair of you to exploit your experiences for commercial gain by dramatising what was going there. The people were maybe curious but never unkind or lude. I was always treated with kindness and hospitality. The events there may have become a comedy for you, but for many it was a life changing event and I include myself in that. Families were torn apart,property confiscated and lives lost.
What has happened in Iran since is all in the public domain and I doubt you will find anyone who wants to contribute to your book in the way you've chosen to portray life at that time.
I agree that it was a pretty scary time for Expat's especially those who were abusive and disrespectful to the customs and traditions and I came across many  who fit that description.
I think it's a shame that you fail to provide a fair description of what really happened.

Digare wrote:

Hello I am from Northern part of Nigeria I am 27 years old I am an IT consultant. I wanna get an information on how to move to Iran. What I am too much care about is that; if there is no some sort of racism over there. And if I am free to practice my religion. could anyone help over there please

Hello, Im living in Tehran

Iranian paying much attention to foreigners - sometimes good, sometimes not respectful

I just know they dont respect Chinese, Japanese and etc...

About religion - if at home - maybe free,

Some people interesting to know about other religion, some accepting your difference quite angry.

Hi,
Tehran and Isfahan have improved a lot since 70s(like any other country in the world). For pictures just go to Tehran24.com
there are more than 800 pics of Iran.
good luck
Kevin

i live in Esfahan.it improve,it differ from that time.
if u need more explain tis is my id
[email protected]

hi.tehran and isfehan are good and big cities.but nowhere is better than rasht. nice and perfect weather... especially its villages...

Thailand is wonderful place to live!

to young@heart
   thank you for sharing those words...i admire how u put it in writing and i agree with u.  we can`t just generalize our own experience and dramatize it for the sake of writing a book, not being subjective but objective in our view...The best thing one should do is respect the culture and tradition of other people and remember that there are laws to abide. 
    I admit some comments make me nervous/worried about plans of living in iran, same as how condition in iran is painted by world news..Nevertheless, i`m glad that others are saying that it isn`t really scary as what we have read in the news...

A broad abroad, have you finished writing the book? :)

[Moderated: Please Contact Us privately]