Software test engineer moving from Belgium to Bahrain

Hi All,

I am a software test engineer having 6 yrs experience and earning 1100 BD per month.
I am currently residing in Belgium at client's location BNP paribas fortis.
My contract ends in couple of months so planning to move to Bahrain.
I would really appreciate if you can help me out in understanding below questions.

1. How is the IT market in Bahrain? In terms of job opportunities.
2. Salaries?
3. Living cost?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mohammad Abdul Hameed.

Hi Mohammad,

Before I answer your questions let me iterate one thing, as you might be aware Bahrain requires an entry visa (cost 25BHD) which could be obtained on arrival depending on your passport.  I am mentioning this to highlight that you can't just walk in and look for jobs on the ground although it is possible to get a tourist visa (max for a month for most nationalities) and then look for a job.

Now to answer to your questions:
1. How is the IT market in Bahrain? In terms of job opportunities.
> My opinion (as I am also working into the same field) is that the market in Bahrain is limited and usually the openings I see (although I am not looking really) are for fresh graduates or with a few years experience.

2. Salaries?
> Salaries can vary greatly depending on skillset, experience, employer and timing. Usually larger multinational corporats pay better. I have seen salaries ranging from 600BHD (for local graduate) to 4000BHD for expatriates. I believe that the 1100BHD you mention will put you around the medium salary.

Another thing that you will need to consider is the allowances, etc that may be included in a contract as these could make a big difference.

3. Living cost?
> That is objective so I will point you to a recent topic thats answer the question you pose:

Living costs

A link to an expat guide with many useful info.

Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats

Good luck

Hi,

Thanks a lot for an overview. I really appreciate it.

Could you please suggest me some good companies in IT? or consultancy companies?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mohammad Abdul Hameed

Hi,

I could not really suggest any companies but most of the big companies have a 'shop' in Bahrain or in Saudi Arabia. For contracts jobs in Bahrain you could look at Texel as in the past I have came across job posting from them for Bahrain.

Regards